[Mod] Minimap WIP

Show off your mod creations or just a work in progress.
gunsling3r

[Mod] Minimap WIP

Post by gunsling3r »

This is a work in progress, WIP, mod is not yet ready.

https://imgur.com/a/5N8mF6g

mikeprichard

Re: [Mod] Minimap WIP

Post by mikeprichard »

I need this in my DFU life. If you eventually add options for a significantly larger/zoomed out on-screen minimap than that currently shown, it will never leave my mod list. Looking forward to more on this!

gunsling3r

Post by gunsling3r »

Yes , I plan to add zoom buttons and markers for at least player and npc. And may be quest marker if that is possible.

At the moment I am struggling to build anything, not even tutorials to get my mod out as a dfmod and be seen in live game.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

It looks really good, not 100% certain I will use it because of my immersion/clean HUD obsession, but many ppl will.

Leeux

Post by Leeux »

I love minimaps :) I'll probably use it too, when you release it!

One thing though, if I may suggest... can it be made so that you can chose in which types of areas you'll want it to show? I mean, like, only show it while you're in a city and a dungeon, for example... and not while you're in interiors, or in wilderness. Is not critical at all and it wouldn't bother me not having it, but it will be useful probably, specially if you use Tedious Travel.

It can probably be handled with a set of check-boxes in the the mod's settings, for some common location types? Something like:

I.e. "Show mini-map on:"
* Dungeons Interiors
* Dungeon Exteriors (i.e. in the wilderness area immediately surrounding dungeon entrances)
* Cities/Towns/Homes
* Wilderness
* City Interiors (Houses, shops, taverns etc.)

Anyways, looking forward to it! :)

Deepfighter

Post by Deepfighter »

Amazing! Love the idea and implementation. Looking forward to your release and further developments. :)
Head of the German Daggerfall translation - www.daggerfalldeutsch.de
and German translator for The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim and Lore-Expert for The Elder Scrolls: Online

jman0war

Post by jman0war »

Neat and I like the look of it in city squares.
Probably wouldn't use it myself as i like a clean HUD too.
But following on from Leeux's suggestion:

-MiniMap could be a reward for completing a quest line.

Perhaps it is a custom spell the player casts, or even a pet one is given like a falcon or a crow.
Open inventory, "Use" the falcon and presto: MiniMap shows up (like the bird is flying overhead).
Find my Vibrant Terrain Flats mod at Nexusmods: https://www.nexusmods.com/daggerfalluni ... ?tab=files

Leeux

Post by Leeux »

jman0war wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:07 am<snip>

-MiniMap could be a reward for completing a quest line.

Perhaps it is a custom spell the player casts, or even a pet one is given like a falcon or a crow.
Open inventory, "Use" the falcon and presto: MiniMap shows up (like the bird is flying overhead).
I really like these ideas! :)

gunsling3r

Post by gunsling3r »

Leeux wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:17 am I love minimaps :) I'll probably use it too, when you release it!

One thing though, if I may suggest... can it be made so that you can chose in which types of areas you'll want it to show? I mean, like, only show it while you're in a city and a dungeon, for example... and not while you're in interiors, or in wilderness. Is not critical at all and it wouldn't bother me not having it, but it will be useful probably, specially if you use Tedious Travel.

It can probably be handled with a set of check-boxes in the the mod's settings, for some common location types? Something like:

I.e. "Show mini-map on:"
* Dungeons Interiors
* Dungeon Exteriors (i.e. in the wilderness area immediately surrounding dungeon entrances)
* Cities/Towns/Homes
* Wilderness
* City Interiors (Houses, shops, taverns etc.)

Anyways, looking forward to it! :)
Yes, it is suppose to not turn on inside interior or dungeon.

Seferoth

Post by Seferoth »

Wow, that looks really cool. Well done!