[MOD] Filling Food

Show off your mod creations or just a work in progress.
L57

Re: [MOD] Filling Food

Post by L57 »

Latest version of this mod doesn't work with 0.10.19 either. :(

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Ralzar wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 4:03 pm At this point it might be an idea to start looking at which features from Ironman System might be remade in RP&R. A lot of them were honestly just stuff that made the game more realist and, usually, harder. Stuff like the robbery system and gauntlest/boots defining your weapon material for hand-to-hand.
I was referring to the food stamina increase that this mod provides, but I will consider the robbery stuff.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

L57 wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 4:55 pm Latest version of this mod doesn't work with 0.10.19 either. :(
Hm, weird. That mod is so small there's almost nothing to break.
I'll take a look.

L57

Post by L57 »

Hazelnut wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 5:20 pm I was referring to the food stamina increase that this mod provides, but I will consider the robbery stuff.
The problem with robbery stuff from Ironman is that it was not thought out well. AFAIR he kept stealing-from-shelves mode during the night, and also added a chance for guards to spawn. Hence stealing during the day is easier than at night, which is obviously wrong. This idea needs some careful fine-tuning.

I'd also suggest to consider addition of bounty hunters if you don’t pay off the debt on time (Daggerfall devs apparently planned to implement this) and/or tighter borrowing limit in banks. Or you must have a collateral for big loans.

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

L57 wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 4:55 pm Latest version of this mod doesn't work with 0.10.19 either. :(
Just tested it. Worked fine here?
I'm making an update anyway, because I found some better ways to code it but when I test it in 0.10.19 I get the text and fatigue regenerates.

Baler

Post by Baler »

Out of inexperienced curiosity. how difficult would it be to create foods that add temporary magical effects?

L57

Post by L57 »

Began to work as soon as I put its load priority over C&C. Now its load priority is 1, and C&C is 2, and it works as expected. Apparently your novelty with clothes degradation affected it somehow, because I updated DFU along with your weather mod. I wonder how it could interfere :| completely unexpected

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

L57 wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:25 am
Began to work as soon as I put its load priority over C&C. Now its load priority is 1, and C&C is 2, and it works as expected. Apparently your novelty with clothes degradation affected it somehow, because I updated DFU along with your weather mod. I wonder how it could interfere :| completely unexpected
Whaaa? No idea either. I’ll have to do some testing.

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Currently working on adding food items. For the first release, there will most likely just be a "provisions" item that has half the effect of eating at an inn.
But once I figure out how to do item decay on food items, I will probably add more food items with different strength, but which decays over time, losing their effect until they are inedible.
provisions.png
provisions.png (27.16 KiB) Viewed 2038 times

Baler

Post by Baler »

Ralzar wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:54 pm Currently working on adding food items. For the first release, there will most likely just be a "provisions" item that has half the effect of eating at an inn.
But once I figure out how to do item decay on food items, I will probably add more food items with different strength, but which decays over time, losing their effect until they are inedible.

provisions.png
Whoa is this huge! Would this fall under adding custom items ?, with current in game art.
This could be hugely informative for people seeking to do similar things.
Keep up the great work, love your mods!