[MOD] Filling Food

Show off your mod creations or just a work in progress.
Ralzar

Re: [MOD] Filling Food

Post by Ralzar »

Most of the credit goes to Hazelnut who is using this code for his own mods. I simply come up with my own stuff to use his code for :D
I think the current live build has code that supports the code in its current form, in which case I might release a first build soon. If not, it'll have to wait for live build update.

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

You will need to wait if you want this stuff to be sold in shops Ralzar. I would recommend waiting anyway TBH.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Hazelnut wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:07 pm You will need to wait if you want this stuff to be sold in shops Ralzar. I would recommend waiting anyway TBH.
Aaaah, right. That's what I was missing. I got confused for a moment and couldn't think of why I couldn't just release this now. But yeah, that makes sense.

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Well, did a bunch of work last night. There will now be several types of food that makes you full for different amounts of time. If you eat a small item you can eat several at once.
There's also a food rot mechanic, so fresh food types need to be eaten within a couple of days and have a big filling effect, while rations last a long time but are less filling.

Next thing to look at: the tavern food menu. I doubt I can do much with it but I'm hoping to SOMEHOW have the code figure out what kind of item you bought so I can apply effects based on that. If I could do that, I could add effects for getting drunk :D

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Very nice :) This is a mechanic which implementation was apparently missing in Daggerfall, most likely due to the budget/time restrains

Withersting

Post by Withersting »

Too bad this mod was replaced by Climates and calories, which isn't customizable at the moment and I'm not really interested in all the other stuff. Is there a way to get the regular old Filling Food mod? The link just takes you to the message that it is hidden and to get Climates and Calories.

TheLacus

Post by TheLacus »

Moved topic from Released Mods to Creator's Corner as this mod is apparently not available anymore.

chstens

Post by chstens »

Please make this mod available again. Until Climates and Calories is fully customizable, I have no interest in using that mod, but I liked Filling Food.

White Rhino PSO

Post by White Rhino PSO »

I recently updated to the latest version of Daggerfall Unity, and went looking for updated versions of the mods I used to use. Finding out that the download to the Filling Food mod had been completely removed was bad enough, but hearing that the only option is to use the Climates and Calories mod is even worse.

If Climates and Calories offered some kind of customization that let players disable features they didn't like, then it wouldn't be so bad. Instead my options are "worry more about fatigue because I'm using a mod that changes travel," or "have to play with a bunch of hardcore temperature-based survival features I'm not interested in."

I did some extremely minimal testing, and the 1.1 version of the old Filling Food mod still seems to work with the 0.11.7 release of Daggerfall Unity.

I'm all for mod authors feeling empowered to build on their older projects and take them in new directions. Giving players less options with how they play the game by removing older mods - that still worked just fine - just doesn't seem like the best way to go about it.

Kab the Bird Ranger

Post by Kab the Bird Ranger »

Fortunately, the mod is open source, and so can be built and reuploaded by anyone.
Unfortunately, Ralzar has the bad habit of keeping his Github repos out-of-date compared to what was latest on his computer.
I'm not sure what Filling Food was like, but the code at https://github.com/Ralzar81/Filling-Food seems like it just gives you a minor fatigue regeneration if you recently ate (or drank) at a tavern. If there was more in the latest version, the Github should probably be updated to reflect that.

I'm also not a fan of C&C's climate balance. Not a fan of losing health while walking around in town while fully dry and wearing full clothes just because the game starts in winter.
Having a way to get the full modern "calorie" aspect without that other stuff would interest me too