[MOD] Filling Food

Show off your mod creations or just a work in progress.
L57

Re: [MOD] Filling Food

Post by L57 »

Ralzar wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:39 am
L57 wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:17 am At least, your vanilla health regen still depends on the choice in the menu (the more expensive the food, the more it restores)
Hm, I hadn't thought about that. That should make it possible to differentiate the fatigue regen based on the item you buy.
there is a list. Restores twice as much as it costs:

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Daggerfall:Taverns

L57

Post by L57 »

Notice that 2 points stamina regen allows you to restore stamina even while sprinting, all else being equal. Not sure if it feels good - given the small cooldown between eating, it basically allows you to recover more than you spend in a long-run (hence you can live without sleeping, if you do not leave the city ofc). Apparently even 1 point allows you to increase your stamina, though quite slowly. Maybe it'd be better to reduce it to 1 point regen during throughout 150 in-game minutes, or rebalance it somehow else.

Just my experience, but I think stamina decreases at the same rate with all characters.

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Hm, noted.
I didn’t test it extensively, but with 1 point I had a hard time spotting the regen while standing still.

I’ll probably keep the 2 point regen, but shorten both time periods.

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Ok, version 1.1 up.

Fatigue now regenerates relatively fast at the start and then slower and slower until you are hungry again.

Also added two text strings that inform you that you have eaten and that you can eat again.

ZerioctheTank

Post by ZerioctheTank »

Getting a meal was something my character did before bed, but now I have a reason to actually stop in town more.

Midknightprince

Post by Midknightprince »

Ralzar wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:26 am Yup.
Whenever you buy something from the food/drink menu you get fatigue regen for a few ingame hours. Not a lot, but enough to make you able to travel further or rest up fatigue faster.
Next thing to look at here would be how to differentiate between diffrent items in the menu. But that's probably quite a bit more complicated than what the mod currently does.
DUDE !
I have been wanting this to happen for like the last 3 years, saweeeet !
Check out my YouTube Channel!

L57

Post by L57 »

Doesn't work for me in latest DFU verion. I use the first version of the mod with different (my own) regen value though.

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

L57 wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:33 am Yes. yes, YES!!! Thank you Ralzar!! Will try it soon. Now I only need Ironman update and I'm ready for my new ultimate Daggerfall experience :D :lol:
Hmm, I wouldn't hold your breath.. he doesn't seem to have been around here since mid December and a lot of his code broke when some core code changes were made in .15 - this is the downside of modding via reflection which is why I generally discourage it.

I think this would be a nice addition to the R&R mods modules, but that's up to Ralzar. Unfortunately I think I am a way off being able to add mod features for new items because work and life is a bit hectic right now, but hopefully in due course there will be a full hunger mod.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

L57

Post by L57 »

Hazelnut wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 3:18 pm Hmm, I wouldn't hold your breath.. he doesn't seem to have been around here since mid December and a lot of his code broke when some core code changes were made in .15 - this is the downside of modding via reflection which is why I generally discourage it.
Yep, I already resigned to this. I wanted Ironman mostly for its take on the shop robbery though.

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Hazelnut wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 3:18 pm
L57 wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:33 am Yes. yes, YES!!! Thank you Ralzar!! Will try it soon. Now I only need Ironman update and I'm ready for my new ultimate Daggerfall experience :D :lol:
Hmm, I wouldn't hold your breath.. he doesn't seem to have been around here since mid December and a lot of his code broke when some core code changes were made in .15 - this is the downside of modding via reflection which is why I generally discourage it.

I think this would be a nice addition to the R&R mods modules, but that's up to Ralzar. Unfortunately I think I am a way off being able to add mod features for new items because work and life is a bit hectic right now, but hopefully in due course there will be a full hunger mod.
At this point it might be an idea to start looking at which features from Ironman System might be remade in RP&R. A lot of them were honestly just stuff that made the game more realist and, usually, harder. Stuff like the robbery system and gauntlest/boots defining your weapon material for hand-to-hand.

I never used Ironman, but I allways used parts of Ironman System because it was honestly a perfect companion mod for RP&R.