Shops have limited gold supply

Show off your mod creations or just a work in progress.
Magicono43

Shops have limited gold supply

Post by Magicono43 »

So i'm currently working on making a mod that will hopefully make shops work somewhat like in Morrowind, that being that any shop has a limited gold supply for selling at a given time. So you would not be able to just off-load your entire wagon at the nearest shop, you would have to either wait for that shop to restock and get more gold, or go to multiple different shops to sell your hoard.

I would also like to make this gold supply limit based on the quality of the store. So as one might expect, the poor quality stores won't have that much gold on hand at a given time, but will give you the best return for your loot, while high quality stores will have a fair amount of gold at a time, but will be much harder to get the maximum value from your loot.

This is still in the conception phase, as i'm still planning on how I will actually code this and everything, but I figure someone might be interested in this idea that I can hopefully make into a functional mod.

Asesino

Re: Shops have limited gold supply

Post by Asesino »

Magicono43 wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:13 pm So i'm currently working on making a mod that will hopefully make shops work somewhat like in Morrowind, that being that any shop has a limited gold supply for selling at a given time. So you would not be able to just off-load your entire wagon at the nearest shop, you would have to either wait for that shop to restock and get more gold, or go to multiple different shops to sell your hoard.

I would also like to make this gold supply limit based on the quality of the store. So as one might expect, the poor quality stores won't have that much gold on hand at a given time, but will give you the best return for your loot, while high quality stores will have a fair amount of gold at a time, but will be much harder to get the maximum value from your loot.

This is still in the conception phase, as i'm still planning on how I will actually code this and everything, but I figure someone might be interested in this idea that I can hopefully make into a functional mod.
I, for one, think that this is a great idea; I was thinking about this yesterday as I sold off thousands of coins worth of equipment to a poor pawn shop in Arkhope. I would love to see the shops having limited funds. It would be good to somehow replicate Morrowind's wonderful barter system. Barter window might be a tall order, but it would be good to have your mod increase a shop owner's money supply if we purchase anything. This gives them more money to use for us to sell.

thanks for considering this.
a

emmathepony

Post by emmathepony »

I'd be all over this, it makes sense and is much more immersive then dumping an entire wagon on a single shop in some village lol

Magicono43

Post by Magicono43 »

emmathepony wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:28 pm I'd be all over this, it makes sense and is much more immersive then dumping an entire wagon on a single shop in some village lol
That's the logic i'm going by as well, it may be annoying, but I think it's silly that literally the most shitty shops are the most optimal places to dump hundreds of thousands of gold worth of loot, like where are these awful shops getting that dosh?

Magicono43

Post by Magicono43 »

Asesino wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:17 pm I, for one, think that this is a great idea; I was thinking about this yesterday as I sold off thousands of coins worth of equipment to a poor pawn shop in Arkhope. I would love to see the shops having limited funds. It would be good to somehow replicate Morrowind's wonderful barter system. Barter window might be a tall order, but it would be good to have your mod increase a shop owner's money supply if we purchase anything. This gives them more money to use for us to sell.

thanks for considering this.
a
That's what I was planning on doing, but first I have to figure out how i'm going to actually have this gold supply tracked for each shop. I don't think it's really a big deal when I think about it, but it's not something I have done thus far, so it's going to be pretty cobbled together at first, just like some of these merchants store shelves, lol.

Baler

Post by Baler »

Request: Ability to invest gold with shop to perma raise it's gold supply. Perhaps the amount could be based off the players Per
That may be tricky to store all the places in the world however. But uh, just a way for the player to boost their home town/base.

er ah, great mod idea! I look forward to using it in any form! :)

Magicono43

Post by Magicono43 »

Baler wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:04 am Request: Ability to invest gold with shop to perma raise it's gold supply. Perhaps the amount could be based off the players Per
That may be tricky to store all the places in the world however. But uh, just a way for the player to boost their home town/base.

er ah, great mod idea! I look forward to using it in any form! :)
That's not a bad idea, similar to how it worked in Oblivion with a higher enough merchantile skill. Like you said, it might be hard to keep track of these values. If I figure out how i'm going to do it, the idea might not work with my initial implementation, but hopefully i'll be able to get the hang of working with it to get something like that in there.

Magicono43

Post by Magicono43 »

To expand on your idea a bit, and as mental notes for myself. I think if you invest gold into a shop, the quality of the shop should also have an effect on the "return" that you can expect from your investment. Like I would not expect an already poorly kept together store to get much better, or use your money too wisely. So if you gave 100K to the worst shop in town, expect maybe an overall increase of like 10% or something around there for every stock-cycle thereafter.

Whereas with the best store in town, you could expect an already accomplished merchant to invest your gold more wisely and get maybe a 30-40% increase in gold supplies afterward. There is quite a lot of little details that could be added to this, but i'll have to get there first obviously.

Magicono43

Post by Magicono43 »

Small progress update, I have now figured out how to detect when entering into an open shop.

Code: Select all

private static void Testing_OnTransitionInterior(PlayerEnterExit.TransitionEventArgs args) // Now see if I can get it to only do something when entering a Shop.
	{
		PlayerEnterExit playerEnterExit = GameManager.Instance.PlayerEnterExit;

if (playerEnterExit.IsPlayerInsideOpenShop)
			Debug.Log("You Just Entered An Open Shop, Good Job!...");
		else
			Debug.Log("You Just Entered Something Other Than An Open Shop...");
	}
Small steps, but this sort of stuff usually has somewhat of a snowballing effect.

Baler

Post by Baler »

You Just Entered An Open Shop, Good Job!...
:lol: