3D People of Daggerfall

Show off your mod creations or just a work in progress.
MasonFace

Re: 3D People of Daggerfall

Post by MasonFace »

Can I ask, the 3d model importing, will that also be able to be hooked up to the fpsweapon script to get in 3d weapon models and animations?
I don't think so, but TheLacus would be the man to ask. I'd just like to add that I've been following your work on the combat system and animation smoothing and am a big fan. Seems like 3D models are really the only way FPS weapons/animations can be improved further that what your system (once it's refined) could do.

Hrafnyx

Post by Hrafnyx »

Hi again! I spent this month at the country house dealing with some family problems, working and modeling from time to time. Here's my WIP video for the guard modeling. Actually I have progressed a bit more, so I will post some more progress soon.

Nordman

Post by Nordman »

Hrafni wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 2:33 pm Hi again! I spent this month at the country house dealing with some family problems, working and modeling from time to time. Here's my WIP video for the guard modeling. Actually I have progressed a bit more, so I will post some more progress soon.

Wow, i wish i had your skills 8-) Looks good!

MasonFace

Post by MasonFace »

Wow, I couldn't have asked for a better birthday present! Really remarkable work. I couldn't stop watching... well I actually skipped forward a little bit while you were sculpting his taint (slang for the region between the butt and groin).

Anyhow, really look forward to seeing this progress!

I hope your family problems have been resolved and everything turned out well.

Hrafnyx

Post by Hrafnyx »

MasonFace wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 3:55 pm Wow, I couldn't have asked for a better birthday present! Really remarkable work. I couldn't stop watching... well I actually skipped forward a little bit while you were sculpting his taint (slang for the region between the butt and groin).

Anyhow, really look forward to seeing this progress!

I hope your family problems have been resolved and everything turned out well.
Happy birthday!

"Taint". The most useful thing, I've learned during this week =D

Well, my family problems won't be solved that fast, but I'll definitely cope with them. Thanks

Azteca

Post by Azteca »

Wow, what an amazing look into your process. You are so thorough - no shortcuts. Got the toes and everything. Very, very impressive work!

jman0war

Post by jman0war »

Really pretty Hrafni.
Daggerfall is a great world to draw creative inspiration from.

Your work reminds me of Theseus3000.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYNvXpa__4Q

Would you consider a low poly model version and let the texture communicate detail?
Daggerfall is a low poly world and I image low poly 3d characters and enemies could work nicely.
(ex: Thief Dark Project or Thief Metal Age)

There will be some difficulties fitting 3d enemies into the dungeons since the doorway dimensions are thin and short.
Already a few enemy sprites don't fit and the devs probably had to code some cheat to make them work.

Here are Thief guards:

Not sure how low poly this one is, i think it's concept art for Hammerites (Thief 2)
Find my Vibrant Terrain Flats mod at Nexusmods: https://www.nexusmods.com/daggerfalluni ... ?tab=files

Hrafnyx

Post by Hrafnyx »

jman0war wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 9:33 am Really pretty Hrafni.
Daggerfall is a great world to draw creative inspiration from.

Your work reminds me of Theseus3000.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYNvXpa__4Q

Would you consider a low poly model version and let the texture communicate detail?
Daggerfall is a low poly world and I image low poly 3d characters and enemies could work nicely.
(ex: Thief Dark Project or Thief Metal Age)

There will be some difficulties fitting 3d enemies into the dungeons since the doorway dimensions are thin and short.
Already a few enemy sprites don't fit and the devs probably had to code some cheat to make them work.

Here are Thief guards:

Not sure how low poly this one is, i think it's concept art for Hammerites (Thief 2)

As DFU is based on Unity Engine there's no problem with characters not fitting the doorways. Every creature has its model and a collider (a simple object that defines the volume). This collider doesn't have to be exact. It can even be a cube of a smaller size than a model.

I still plan to keep the models quite mid poly, but everything may change due to optimisation. We'll see

Azteca

Post by Azteca »

jman0war, Don’t forget Masonface’s Spriter/Spritewrite. This would allow users to dial in the level of detail or pixelization they desire on the fly. This would seem to offer the best of both worlds, IMO.

jman0war

Post by jman0war »

Hrafni wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 7:18 pm As DFU is based on Unity Engine there's no problem with characters not fitting the doorways. Every creature has its model and a collider (a simple object that defines the volume). This collider doesn't have to be exact. It can even be a cube of a smaller size than a model.

I still plan to keep the models quite mid poly, but everything may change due to optimisation. We'll see
Ok cool, sounds like you know your stuff.
I admire your knowledge of anatomy. While i used to do a lot of figure drawing (charcoal on paper) and figure sculpting in clay in years past, I haven't really done the same on the digital side.
I hope you keep posting videos.
Do you suggest Blender for figure sculpting or something like Scupltris and ZBrush?
Like, is Blender preferable for a particular reason.. like price? :D
Find my Vibrant Terrain Flats mod at Nexusmods: https://www.nexusmods.com/daggerfalluni ... ?tab=files