3D People of Daggerfall

Show off your mod creations or just a work in progress.
Hrafnyx

Re: 3D People of Daggerfall

Post by Hrafnyx »

Ralzar wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 3:48 pm I always felt the commoners looked a bit too fancy. This might partly be because of the 3D models they were based of had a sort of glossy look that made the clothes look more fancy than they should.

This is generally what I would imgaine was aimed for:

peasants.png
True. BTW as far as I know historically commoners wore colored clothing only on some considerable occasions like festivals or weddings. Most of the time the wore white uncolored clothing. But this is a fantasy game after all. Recently I played around with some decorative elements. Frankly speaking they look even more fancy than before in spite of being less glossy and saturated. I hope I'll soon show you the result for your judgement.

l3lessed

Post by l3lessed »

Exactly. Permanent high-quality dyes were extremely rare and hard to create in any large quantity and mostly reserved for the aristocracy, since they didn't have to be concerned with dirtying their pretty purple royal dress, that is worth more than the whole family of peons serving them.
My Daggerfall Mod Github: l3lessed DFU Mod Github

My Beth Mods: l3lessed Nexus Page

Daggerfall Unity mods: Combat Overhaul Mod

Enjoy the free work I'm doing? Consider lending your support.

MasonFace

Post by MasonFace »

Looks like Mobile Person Asset mod implementation has been fixed, but I haven't had time lately to work with it at all.

TheLacus has updated his tutorial, in case anyone else wants to give it a try.

Bushed

Post by Bushed »

Hello,is there any news?

Hrafnyx

Post by Hrafnyx »

Bushed wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:19 pm Hello,is there any news?
Hi! I've taken a rest for some time. Had a problem with computer stability due to upgrade. Now everything works fine and soon I'll come back to modelling.

l3lessed

Post by l3lessed »

Glad to hear you got it going. I did some thing similar this last month myself, and I was forced to do an early upgrade myself.

You may want to talk with this individual too, so you guys are not doing redundant work. :D

http://forums.dfworkshop.net/viewtopic. ... d4a#p48447
My Daggerfall Mod Github: l3lessed DFU Mod Github

My Beth Mods: l3lessed Nexus Page

Daggerfall Unity mods: Combat Overhaul Mod

Enjoy the free work I'm doing? Consider lending your support.

joshcamas

Post by joshcamas »

I wrote a proposal to do a 3D character conversion project, only to find out that everyones been doing that for a long time, amazing xD

I do have some knowledge on Unity rigging systems, and such. It looks like you guys are planning on using the humanoid rigging in mechanim, which is a good idea! One thing I will point out is the expense of skinned mesh renderers. It can get quite expensive when trying to render many of them, and this becomes an issue when dealing with multiple armor sets + humanoid body parts, and so on. Here's one possible solution ~ a skinned mesh combiner :) It's a little limited at the moment, but I can extend it if need be

https://github.com/joshcamas/fast-skinned-mesh-combiner

MasonFace

Post by MasonFace »

Here's one possible solution ~ a skinned mesh combiner :) It's a little limited at the moment, but I can extend it if need be
Well, you have my attention! I tip my hat to developers like you who graciously give open-source solutions! :D

I haven't had a chance to try out any of your mods yet, but I sense great things are waiting.

Also, I'll be keeping and ear out for Ardenfall (I followed a link from your GitHub profile). Looks very interesting!

Bushed

Post by Bushed »

Hrafnyx wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:37 pm
Bushed wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:19 pm Hello,is there any news?
Hi! I've taken a rest for some time. Had a problem with computer stability due to upgrade. Now everything works fine and soon I'll come back to modelling.
Oh,thanks

Daniel87

Post by Daniel87 »

Omg, this mod sounds wonderful! Thank you guys for putting all the work and precious spare time into this. I always dreamed of 3D characters in Daggerfall, when Morrowind just came out. It's a dream finally coming true! <3
In Julianos we Trust.