New font option

Show off your mod creations or just a work in progress.
ForAllDankind

New font option

Post by ForAllDankind »

Hey guys I'm new here so hope this is the right place to post this. I do graphic design including making fonts. I have made about a dozen over the years. It is a fairly time consuming process. Below is a simplified blackletter style font I made a few years ago designed for increased readability. Was wondering if you'd be interested in using it.
Attachments
MWSnap 2020-04-22, 13_20_23.png
MWSnap 2020-04-22, 13_20_23.png (36.99 KiB) Viewed 1948 times

King of Worms

Re: New font option

Post by King of Worms »

Hi! Nice job, it would be cool to see it in the game, than we can tell if it fits etc :)
Fonts can be added in the streamingassets/fonts in the FNT format, I think, I never tried that.

MasonFace

Post by MasonFace »

I think it looks great!

ForAllDankind

Post by ForAllDankind »

Thanks. Another thing I was thinking of was providing a style guide for the non-font embedded text so that anyone can redo the UI graphics using basic photoshop skills. Here is an example of a replacement text using 'Imperator bold' font.

That way instead of relying on one guy to do lots of work the effort can be distributed. I don't know how many of these screen interface things there are or where to find them. If there is a collection of screen UI png's let me know.
Attachments
NewScreenFont.png
NewScreenFont.png (190.29 KiB) Viewed 1878 times

ForAllDankind

Post by ForAllDankind »

Whelp, I'm outta here.

You have people condescending to you and ignoring what you actually, inferring what they "felt" you said. You factually correct them, and you're the rude one.

And no, Interkarma, you never said anything about having a copy of the source code. Very mature of you to lock the topic and prevent a reply.

What a fucking child.

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

If you decide to change your mind, we'd welcome your talents. Best of luck.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

ForAllDankind wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 1:39 am And no, Interkarma, you never said anything about having a copy of the source code. Very mature of you to lock the topic and prevent a reply.
I didn't lock the topic, just as I didn't lock this one, but I certainly agree with the decision to do so. You really didn't read my post at all, did you? I literally said this twice.
Interkarma wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:34 am I can help with seeing how a new font looks in-game using editor and source, just not with distributing custom fonts in a mod at this time. For that you will have to wait until new localisation and related font features are ready.
And:
Interkarma wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:34 am First, please ensure you're using Unity 2018.2.21f1 and TextMeshPro 1.3 (set in Package Manager) and have a clone of the source. This process only replaces previous instructions for creating fonts. How you will eventually distribute them is under active development and subject to change.
I very politely and patiently outlined everything you wanted to know, despite your earlier rudeness. And you instead responded with yet more incivility and aggression.

Please take some time for self-reflection. If you decide to calm down and behave in a civil manner in future, then you will be welcome back. But this sort of behaviour is not going to be tolerated here.