Redrawn player faces

Show off your mod creations or just a work in progress.
pango

Re: Redrawn player faces

Post by pango »

Vomitaburger wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 10:09 pm I'm also not quite sure about what should be the red thing on his face, like if its a marking somewhat like i did or if it's like a real physical mask?
According to the UESP, in Daggerfall lore it's paint. I don't know if there's a better source of Daggerfall Khajits lore than those few paragraphs, that seems a bit light.
Vomitaburger wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 10:09 pm So basically all criticism is welcome and i'll try to adjust the shot based on the opinions i receive, so dont be shy! Of course if i get opposite views like some people telling me to make them even more feline while some tell me to make them fully human, i wont be able to please everybody.
I do like what you did, I find it adequately ambiguous,

I'd just like to say to people bringing lore coming from later TES as a definitive rule that it cannot be used as an argument for anything. Lore evolved for whatever reasons later development teams had, and you cannot expect older games to comply with lore that didn't exist during their conception; that's an anachronism, the only lore that really matters for a Daggerfall game is the Daggerfall lore.
I don't mean one can't choose to borrow ideas from other sources if it feels right or convenient, just that one should feel free not to follow them.
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

I think u nailed the Khajiit here 10/10

DigitalMonk

Post by DigitalMonk »

I like the Khajiit. DF lore describes them as humans that paint their faces to look more like their distant feline ancestors, but I like your approach of "yes, human, but from a different (non-primate) evolutionary path."

I suppose, if some of the source Khajiit portraits have more skintone present, then those individuals might be re-imagined as having fewer leftover feline traits, and portraits with stranger face coloring or more facial hair might be considered with more feline traits. That would give players some flexibility in choosing a more "human in war paint" or a more "bipedal cat" character to play. And it's not just pandering to the fans, either -- here in the real world, some people's bodies express more "ancient" (and racially/culturally unique) phenotypes while others seem to express only modern blended phenotypes.

pango

Post by pango »

I like the idea (and the explanation :) )
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

enderandrew

Post by enderandrew »

I can't wait for these to be released!

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

The silence is strong tho :) I hope these dont get lost

DigitalMonk

Post by DigitalMonk »

King of Worms wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:27 pm The silence is strong tho :) I hope these dont get lost
Agreed! Hope to see more!

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

He made enough but did not share... so it so far accounts to zero. Seen it way too many times during the years here. Hope Im wrong

MasonFace

Post by MasonFace »

Burn out is very real. I hope Vomitaburger is just taking a break to replenish his enthusiasm. It would be a shame for the DFU community to lose his talent.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

MasonFace wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:18 pm Burn out is very real. I hope Vomitaburger is just taking a break to replenish his enthusiasm. It would be a shame for the DFU community to lose his talent.
Yes but I dont get it why ppl vanish and let that all work just turn to dust. Im not saying its happening here. But I remember for example Sitrus redrawn all the armors and it was really spectacular, but they are gone with him. Why do it, when you dont do the last step, pack it and send a link to ppl... durnig the years, Ive seen it way too many times.