[MOD]Ambidexterity Module (Shield Module Branch)

Show off your mod creations or just a work in progress.
imsobadatnicknames

Re: [MOD]Ambidexterity Module (Shield Module Branch)

Post by imsobadatnicknames »

Really nice to see the progress this mod has made.
I think I found a little issue with the latest version.
Equipping a melee weapon on my right hand and a bow on my left hand causes right click to start producing the arrow sound effect even when only the right hand weapon is visible. The sound persists even after unequipping the bow, but it goes away if I equip a different melee weapon on my left hand.
Released mods: https://www.nexusmods.com/users/5141135 ... files&BH=0
Daggerfall isn't the only ridiculously intrincate fantasy world simulator with the initials DF that I make mods for: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177071.0

l3lessed

Post by l3lessed »

Thanks for reporting this. I'll fix it.

Next release should have options so you can set it up like classic mode if you wish. You will be able to disable the shield and/or the offhand weapon, putting you back to classic one hand only. This will allow people who want a classic play style, but want other features this mod enables, to get it.

Keep an eye out for it in next month probably.
My Daggerfall Mod Github: l3lessed DFU Mod Github

My Beth Mods: l3lessed Nexus Page

Daggerfall Unity mods: Combat Overhaul Mod

Enjoy the free work I'm doing? Consider lending your support.

NefariousTortoise

Post by NefariousTortoise »

Hello. I am also having the issue of a Daedric Spellbreaker appearing in my inventory every time I restart the game. I am on the latest build from your github (updated August 9th).

l3lessed

Post by l3lessed »

Oh man, I thought I removed this. Sorry, there is probably a single line of code I missed still injecting this item into the inventory. I'll update it in the next few days to fix this and the arrow sound bug.

Regnier

Post by Regnier »

maybe this has already been considered but

If the weapons hit the walls, does that mean shorter weapons are less likely to?

Do blunt weapons take less damage from hitting walls? (a blade would dull and dent)

are there new gameplay choices emerging here? lol

l3lessed

Post by l3lessed »

Good questions.

Yes, shorter weapons hit walls less, but you must configure their range in the weaponconfig.txt file provided with the mod. There is a line in the file for whats called WeaponReach. This will replace the games base 2.25f weapon range by the number you put into the file to give that specific weapon a custom range for attacks.

I have not worked on setting up differing weaponConfig.txt files for realistic weapon ranges and speeds yet and I have not worked on this mod for a few weeks; all my time was going into finishing the magic compass mod, and now I am distracted on sorting out the scripting side of getting in, animating, and making 3d models fully functional in game.

I have not thought about that part of it, but that's a great idea. Sharp weapons should break and dull faster if the user is continually smashing them into dungeon walls.

Again, I recommend playing with the weaponconfig.txt file to setup some differing weapon/play styles and sharing them here. I still would like to compile a user list.

daggerdude

Post by daggerdude »

Hey, just tried this out again now that it seems to be compatible with physical overhaul and roleplay and realism, everything works except shields. still plays the animations and sounds, but the shield itself is not visible. it still seems to be running all the right scripts though.

i got the mod from the github files. I placed the ambidexterity module dfmod file in the mod folder. i placed the textures in the textures folder. No other mods running and a fresh install of DF unity just as a "safe mode" check.

also starting with a daedric spellsave shield?
Attachments
Player.zip
(87.89 KiB) Downloaded 61 times

l3lessed

Post by l3lessed »

Thanks for pointing out the shield issue. Not sure what is going on there. I'll load it up this week and see if I can deal with it.

Also, I'll get to the deadric shield issue. It is a simple line to remove. Sorry, I haven't returned to fix it yet.

daggerdude

Post by daggerdude »

I Appreciate the time to look into this, thank you. Also I noticed in the smooth animations that diagonal attacks don't seem to be working like classic, or downward strikes. I turn the animations off and my swings work normally. I don't know if it's just visual but it seems when I try to swing diagonally and down there are some issues there they all look like diagonal strikes from the side being swung from.
I can go ahead and take a video of what's going on too if that would help. Seems to be the case with all the weapons.

Also is there a way to view swing arcs? I was fiddling around with the speeds and lengths and I don't really have a point of reference for how to adjust them. Basically was just going in increments at 50 and 0.10 for speeds. I noticed you said you'd like to collect that data too so once I kind of dial in something I'm happy to share it.

I haven't forgotten about the shields, I probably will get to it soon. A lot has happened lately. I really don't have that much more to do honestly I just need to polish up what I've done and make sure it really matches classic sprites.

One final thing, I was curious if 3D animations and custom sprites went anywhere since the last time we talked. I want to get back in blender and do some things, although it seems like some really skilled modelers have made more progress than I have.

daggerdude

Post by daggerdude »

It seems like i missed that the textures were not completely contained in the mod file and that you have to add textures, my bad! all working now! (although smooth animations are screwy) EDIT: just noticed notes on diagonal attacks, everything else is working.

P.S i thought i saw somewhere that an offhand weapon can be used with the bow?