[MOD]Ambidexterity Module (Shield Module Branch)

Show off your mod creations or just a work in progress.
l3lessed

Re: [MOD]Ambidexterity Module (Shield Module Branch)

Post by l3lessed »

I might of found the issue. Let me push the latest update and see what happens for you. It may have been my custom key input handler object, as I found it wasn't allowing you to hold bow draws. I disable it when the bow is equipped on screen. On my end it seems back to normal. You can also still use offhand weapons too and switch between the bow and them.

Let me know if it fixes it on you end. I'll push now.
Last edited by l3lessed on Sun Jan 24, 2021 5:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
My Daggerfall Mod Github: l3lessed DFU Mod Github

My Beth Mods: l3lessed Nexus Page

Daggerfall Unity mods: Combat Overhaul Mod

Enjoy the free work I'm doing? Consider lending your support.

daggerdude

Post by daggerdude »

Finally figured it out... still learning the nuances of combat and such, might come back with questions.

l3lessed

Post by l3lessed »

Pushed fixes. I needed to clean up the bow state apparently, so thanks for the bug tracking.

daggerdude, ensure to use the proper keycode property name including the capitalization shown here: https://docs.unity3d.com/ScriptReference/KeyCode.html

Midknightprince

Post by Midknightprince »

l3lessed wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 5:46 am Pushed fixes. I needed to clean up the bow state apparently, so thanks for the bug tracking.

daggerdude, ensure to use the proper keycode property name including the capitalization shown here: https://docs.unity3d.com/ScriptReference/KeyCode.html
Sweet, been waiting I'll let you know...
Check out my YouTube Channel!

Midknightprince

Okay, it seems to work perfectly: switching hands works, going off-hand with the bow works, shooting the bows work (just like it's supposed to even with different settings), tried all my weapons they all work.
Only thing is when you put your bow on the picture of you holding the bow is always there (f doesn't make it go away) even if your not attacking, is it supposed to do that ?
You got to take your bow off to make it go away, just something, it still totally works though..

l3lessed

Post by l3lessed »

I thought classic always showed the bow. Does it only keep the bow in view if you enable the draw back bow setting they added? If so, yes, I can make it so it disappears, when your not using draw back bow setting, like classic.

Midknightprince

No I mean as long as you have a bow in your hand, it never goes away...
When you push F it draws it out to attack, you attack with the mouse, now when you push F again it puts it away on the screen(but it's still in your hand).
That's why changing weapons is a hassle: because you have to go in your inv and change it, just like un-equipping it your actually taking it off.

That's not what I'm talking about, I'm saying as long as you have a bow in your hand it shows up like it's out to attack...
When you push f to attack you can attack and that's not bugged, it's when you push f again to put it away, it just stays there.

Also: even if you have nothing up ready to attack you can still hit stuff like your in attack mode, you can hear the swing, and I think I pissed off a town because I hit a door in a shop by accident :lol:
Everything works fine, just some funkiness..
And this is on 0.11 Beta so all good from me..

l3lessed

Post by l3lessed »

got you. it can't be sheathed.

I've added the invisible attack to the list already.

l3lessed

Post by l3lessed »

Addressed those last two bugs your having.

Bow will hide when you sheath weapons.
mod weapon show state is now bound to classic weapon sheath/show state. Update routine is blocked/returned if classic weapon hides/sheathed. No more invisible attacks. Should also prevent any future bugs popping in by stopping update cycle of the main controlling script completely when weapons are hidden.

Pushed the new files now.

However, now I have to update my weapon scripts to incorporate the large hud resizing code they added for people who wanted the true classic oversized hud. I hope that is the last major large change to the GUI and its interactions with FPSWeapon.cs.

Midknightprince

l3lessed wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:40 pm Addressed those last two bugs your having.

Bow will hide when you sheath weapons.
mod weapon show state is now bound to classic weapon sheath/show state. Update routine is blocked/returned if classic weapon hides/sheathed. No more invisible attacks. Should also prevent any future bugs popping in by stopping update cycle of the main controlling script completely when weapons are hidden.

Pushed the new files now.

However, now I have to update my weapon scripts to incorporate the large hud resizing code they added for people who wanted the true classic oversized hud. I hope that is the last major large change to the GUI and its interactions with FPSWeapon.cs.
I have not even checked that feature out yet, and thank you for continuing to mess with your mod, I know I seem nitpicky but all this stuff is so cool I just want everything to work right..
To be honest I didn't expect you to fix stuff so quick and I do appreciate it believe me I do..
Just another example of the cool stuff that can be done with this game by people who know what they're doing which pretty much is not me :D
But I can still enjoy it and believe me I do..

On a side note: I came up here to report that today when I was playing I can put my bow away I don't know what that means but that's what happend, now I will download this new build and check it out- peace man