[MOD]Ambidexterity Module (Shield Module Branch)

Show off your mod creations or just a work in progress.
Mindpush1001

Re: [MOD]Ambidexterity Module (Shield Module Branch)

Post by Mindpush1001 »

Also will this be compatible with d.r.e.a.m.

l3lessed

Post by l3lessed »

Yes, that is #1 goal, once I finish all release features and debugging.

I have finished arc casting for all weapons, except melee. I need to make some custom raycast patterns to mimic the more complicated melee attacks.

Also, all frame skipping has been removed from all smooth animations, including recoil animation. The last small bug was just hammered out in the recoil code, which was causing a frame skip on recoil if you hit something in frame 0.

Combat feels dynamic and immersive finally. Shields + weapon parrying + physical weapon raycast patterns + smooth animation, and it feels like a real melee engagement, even with keeping base chance based system in place. I actually think about if I want to try to time block to push them away and get in a forward stab, or if I want to go for a side swing hoping I hit or either parry his counter attack, or if I want to back up and bring a down swing or stab on their head as they come in to close the gap I create. Also, it makes multiple enemy engagements more complicated and rewarding, especially with shields and parrying. You can fend off one enemy with your shield and parry's, while trying to take down the other at the same time.

Oh yeah, add the dodge mod I created to this, and it really feels like a modern system now.
My Daggerfall Mod Github: l3lessed DFU Mod Github

My Beth Mods: l3lessed Nexus Page

Daggerfall Unity mods: Combat Overhaul Mod

Enjoy the free work I'm doing? Consider lending your support.

l3lessed

Post by l3lessed »

Also, I feel you about the dice rolling. Outside table top games, I think it shouldn't ever be part of most modern games. Nothing more frustrating then spending hours working on a build or character or something, just to have the 1 in 1000 roll come in and make it useless without any way to counter. Makes players feel powerless and like the time sinks and thought into builds was meaningless.

Mindpush1001

Post by Mindpush1001 »

I will download this day 1

Mindpush1001

Post by Mindpush1001 »

You should make a nexus page

l3lessed

Post by l3lessed »

You can download the dev version right now using the github link. There is a stable compiled version. It is an older release than the video, but has every thing other than the new animation systems in the video. Download the zip, and then unzip it into the proper folder. It is already setup for nexus, so extract it the the same folder nexus would.

I am planning a larger launch for this, including a nexus page similar to my shield module one, a short launch video, and modding documentation for it. I won't lie, I thought about putting it behind a 1 dollar contribution wall, because this is now 3 years of work to get to this point. I'm unsure how the community feels about this or if it is even allowed, but I feel 1 dollar is really nothing for the hours and changes this mod has in it. Please don't melt down on me about it, not trying to cause drama, just a thought.

Mindpush1001

Post by Mindpush1001 »

I can’t use the nexus launcher so how would I install it?

l3lessed

Post by l3lessed »

extract the rar into the StreamingAssets folder in your base daggerfall folder.

For me, it my directory looks like this: "DF Unity\DaggerfallUnity_Data\StreamingAssets"

Mindpush1001

Re: [MOD]Ambidexterity Module (Shield Module Branch

Post by Mindpush1001 »

Will you make a mega overhaul with all 3 or so of your mods? Also would it be possible to program the button for shield to be in controls aswell?

l3lessed

Post by l3lessed »

Shield module is built into this one. Do not use this with the shield module. This replaces the shield module. I could pull the dodge module into it though.

As for the key, why would you want a shield key separate from the alternate attack? You will never need to use the alternate attack when using a shield. It's setup like Skyrim and most modern games now, where the alternate attack doubles as the shield block key.