Daggerfall Unity Models Overhaul

Show off your mod creations or just a work in progress.
King of Worms

Re: Daggerfall Unity Models Overhaul

Post by King of Worms »

Im usually sceptical when it comes to replacing flats with models, but in this case clearly this is a great addition. 3d model and flame look much better than the original sprite. With milions of torches across the whole Daggerfall, this will be a very noticeable enhancement ;) I like your other models as well!

rhymer

Post by rhymer »

Hello! Finally, there is a possibility to import videos as far as I understand. I'll do my best to recover everything I've made and convert it into *.ogv format. However, I can't test it - I've tried to download mods and retextures, the game seems to detect them but they have no impact. Neither skies, nor MG textures, nor grass and water show up in the game, I don't know why. So, I need someone willing to import and test my videos in-game. Also, it won't be fast because of some real-life issues.

And finally I have a question about animated 3d models. How the animations should be stored? I have an idea of 3d-replacement of vanilla sprites. Here is the quick sketch of the general idea:

TheLacus

Post by TheLacus »

rhymer wrote:Hello! Finally, there is a possibility to import videos as far as I understand. I'll do my best to recover everything I've made and convert it into *.ogv format. However, I can't test it - I've tried to download mods and retextures, the game seems to detect them but they have no impact. Neither skies, nor MG textures, nor grass and water show up in the game, I don't know why. So, I need someone willing to import and test my videos in-game. Also, it won't be fast because of some real-life issues.
Hey rimer! Are you sure you're using the last version of DU as well the latest version of the mods you tried? Try to have a look at output_log.txt, it should have something interesting to say.
rhymer wrote: And finally I have a question about animated 3d models. How the animations should be stored? I have an idea of 3d-replacement of vanilla sprites. Here is the quick sketch of the general idea (textures are just placeholders and the model is in progress currently):]
Nice, it's great to see some work on people :)
Right now Daggerfall Unity has only static npcs inside buildings and not wandering npc in exteriors, i believe Interkarma has started to do some work on people as part of questing but we are not right at the point to do some real work with Npcs.

What is already possible is replacing these interiors npc with 3d models and i think there shouldn't be any problem adding some looped animations to them, but i never tried it. Unfortunately i know little about animations, and even less on how they are handled in unity so i can't be too much of help here. The intervention of someone who has some experience in this field would be very welcome.

In the meanwhile, if you haven't already read it, have a look at this.

EDIT. I just saw you updated the picture, this is getting more and more interesting :)
Mod System documentation - Learn how to create mods for Daggerfall Unity.
Modder Discussion - General help and discussion for the mod system.
Github Issues - Submit a bug report for the game, including the mod system.

rhymer

Post by rhymer »

Thank you. I'm not good at textureing though - I hope someone could make a better handdrawn-style textures. I still get these warnings in output_log.txt^
Spoiler!
Unloading 426 unused Assets to reduce memory usage. Loaded Objects now: 1140.
Total: 6.728566 ms (FindLiveObjects: 0.107702 ms CreateObjectMapping: 0.055673 ms MarkObjects: 6.314658 ms DeleteObjects: 0.249868 ms)

DFTFU 1.6.8: scene index = 1

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/DebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 51)

StateManager changing state...previous state: None new state: Start

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/DebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 51)

ModManager - started loading mod: Distant Terrain

Platform assembly: E:\Games\DAGGER_UNITY\DaggerfallUnity_Data\Managed\System.Xml.dll (this message is harmless)
Platform assembly: E:\Games\DAGGER_UNITY\DaggerfallUnity_Data\Managed\Mono.Security.dll (this message is harmless)
Platform assembly: E:\Games\DAGGER_UNITY\DaggerfallUnity_Data\Managed\System.Configuration.dll (this message is harmless)
ModManager - started loading mod: Realtime Reflections

removing mod at index: 2

ModManager - started loading mod: Real Grass

ModManager - init finished. Mod Count: 4

init of DistantTerrain standalone

Desired shader compiler platform 4 is not available in shader blob

(Filename: Line: 553)

Desired shader compiler platform 4 is not available in shader blob

(Filename: Line: 553)

WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Legacy Shaders/VertexLit' - Pass '' has no vertex shader
ERROR: Shader Shader is not supported on this GPU (none of subshaders/fallbacks are suitable)WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Legacy Shaders/VertexLit' - Setting to default shader.
WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Standard' - Pass 'FORWARD' has no vertex shader
WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Standard' - Pass 'FORWARD_DELTA' has no vertex shader
WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Standard' - Pass 'SHADOWCASTER' has no vertex shader
WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Standard' - Pass 'META' has no vertex shader
WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Standard' - All passes removed
WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Standard' - Pass 'FORWARD' has no vertex shader
WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Standard' - Pass 'FORWARD_DELTA' has no vertex shader
WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Standard' - Pass 'SHADOWCASTER' has no vertex shader
WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Standard' - Pass 'DEFERRED' has no vertex shader
WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Standard' - Pass 'META' has no vertex shader
WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Standard' - All passes removed
Shader 'Daggerfall/RealtimeReflections/CreateLookupReflectionTextureCoordinates': fallback shader 'None' not found
Shader 'Daggerfall/RealtimeReflections/CreateLookupReflectionTextureIndex': fallback shader 'None' not found
Shader 'Daggerfall/RealtimeReflections/DeferredPlanarReflections': fallback shader 'None' not found
DFTFU 1.6.8: GameManager ready.

Welcome to Daggerfall Unity 0.4.12

HUD pushed to stack.

Missing shader in Mirror Refl Camera id-2088 for -2006 (UnityStandardAssets.ImageEffects.GlobalFog)

Missing shader in Mirror Refl Camera id-2088 for -2006 (UnityStandardAssets.ImageEffects.GlobalFog)

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at UnityStandardAssets.ImageEffects.GlobalFog.OnRenderImage (UnityEngine.RenderTexture source, UnityEngine.RenderTexture destination) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
UnityEngine.Camera:Render()
RealtimeReflections.MirrorReflection:OnWillRenderObject()

(Filename: Line: -1)

Missing shader in Mirror Refl Camera id-2066 for -2006 (UnityStandardAssets.ImageEffects.GlobalFog)

Missing shader in Mirror Refl Camera id-2066 for -2006 (UnityStandardAssets.ImageEffects.GlobalFog)

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at UnityStandardAssets.ImageEffects.GlobalFog.OnRenderImage (UnityEngine.RenderTexture source, UnityEngine.RenderTexture destination) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
UnityEngine.Camera:Render()
RealtimeReflections.MirrorReflection:OnWillRenderObject()

(Filename: Line: -1)

Unloading 2 Unused Serialized files (Serialized files now loaded: 3)

Unloading 27 unused Assets to reduce memory usage. Loaded Objects now: 1309.
Total: 97.091644 ms (FindLiveObjects: 0.088150 ms CreateObjectMapping: 0.096103 ms MarkObjects: 96.874580 ms DeleteObjects: 0.032476 ms)

DFTFU 1.6.8: Using path 'C:/Users/Violetta/AppData/LocalLow/Daggerfall Workshop/Daggerfall Unity\Saves' for Unity saves.

Platform assembly: E:\Games\DAGGER_UNITY\DaggerfallUnity_Data\Managed\System.Xml.Linq.dll (this message is harmless)
DFTFU 1.6.8: Could not find file "C:\Users\Violetta\AppData\LocalLow\Daggerfall Workshop\Daggerfall Unity\Saves\SAVE1\AutomapData.txt".

StateManager changing state...previous state: Start new state: Game

StateManager changing state...previous state: Game new state: UI

Unloading 1 Unused Serialized files (Serialized files now loaded: 3)

Unloading 574 unused Assets to reduce memory usage. Loaded Objects now: 2325.
Total: 85.610596 ms (FindLiveObjects: 0.129242 ms CreateObjectMapping: 0.103725 ms MarkObjects: 84.886841 ms DeleteObjects: 0.490127 ms)

Setting up 1 worker threads for Enlighten.
Thread -> id: 330 -> priority: 1
And here is the model and textures if someone wants to test them. https://yadi.sk/d/Tbtn3sDq3JmKRm

Nystul

Post by Nystul »

not sure if this is the only problem, but the log clearly says that there are some issues with the RealtimeReflections mod. try to disable it, maybe this helps or at least shortens the output log

rhymer

Post by rhymer »

I've tried disabling it - still nothing. And retextures are still not manifesting at all.

TheLacus

Post by TheLacus »

Did you enable the MeshAndTextureReplacement option which is disabled by default? It's in the lower-left side of the main menu.
Note that this affect only assets mods; I don't see anything strange about Real Grass in the log you posted.

rhymer

Post by rhymer »

There is no such an option, though there is "support for Graphical mods" checkbox. I've sitched it on.

Grass really works fine, as well as reflections do. But textures are still standard and the skies haven't changed.

Noticed that inside the DTFU_Environment.log there is a warning:

!!!! Error in GETDirs() : Access to the path "E:\$RECYCLE.BIN\S-1-5-21-1054198145-1803411857-1880152244-1001" is denied. !!!

!!! error in GetDirs !!!

Narf the Mouse

Post by Narf the Mouse »

You might want to block out your name in that picture.
Previous experience tells me it's very easy to misunderstand the tone, intent, or meaning of what I've posted. If you have questions, ask.

rhymer

Post by rhymer »

Is that essential? This is my wife's name.