Daggerfall Unity Models Overhaul

Show off your mod creations or just a work in progress.
jayhova

Re: Daggerfall Unity Models Overhaul

Post by jayhova » Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:18 am

rhymer wrote:Tweaked proportions a little and added some details.
Forgot to mention that I used Mixamo https://www.mixamo.com for animating. It is easy and you get a perfectly rigged and animated characters adapted for Unity. It really helps when you can't rig and animate as I do.
I think that I have figured out why the original look so menacing and the recreation looks well not.

Two things clued me in. the mention of the original looking so robotic and inhuman and the muscles. Those were some very muscular legs. Then it hit me. This vampire is a terminator. It's quite likely that Bethsoft had worked up some Arnold Terminator units to use in its Terminator series around the same time. In all likelihood, they could not use the models probably for some image rights reason. Now presto all they have to do is dress it up, cover the face and bingo instant menacing vampire. They even kept the red terminator eyes.

If you want it to look right it needs to look like a Terminator with clawed hands.

I need your cowl, your cape, your tunic, your leather pants and your green boots. Oh yeah and that puffy shirt.

Midknightprince

Post by Midknightprince » Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:05 am

@TheLacus

I have the flats, fountains, bridges, organ (and probably more stuff I just haven't seen yet), up and running in game.

Could you maybe pack in the old files (bushes, the bar shelves, and whatever else I'm missing), like with the new stuff ?
Make it just easy to install for dummies like me ?

I would really like to check this stuff out..but all this moving, exporting, and tool stuff (which it sounds interesting don't get me wrong here), just seems a bit beyond my scope I guess, and to be honest, I just love to play test this stuff, get it up and running as quick as possible, and enjoy it, which like I said, i am completely satisfied with what I have so far, it's just that good (and it is), for me personally, so this is just a thought I'm putting out there for laymen like me :? .

About the Char's (Vampire ancient and such), I pretty much checked out the whole post, saw the pictures..etc..etc..and this is just my humble opinion, just call me too old school or whatever, but I'm not very fond of that idea (but i could be wrong, maybe it would look better in game i don't know), I think you went with the "classic is better" possition, so I'm just agreeing with you on that one..
Nothing like being smacked down by an old school classic Daggerfall vampire ancient, or the ancient lich, while trying to run for your life (got some memories about this stuff), and you know, it's just more time spend on something that's just plain good already.
So I just thought I'd throw that out there (My opinion), and think about the DMO stuff, don't know why nobody has done it before (like with the flats and stuff), because it's just brilliant man...I really love it...and the bridges (amazing in game), and it would be really cool to check out those bushes in game, really REALLY amazing :D .
Check out my YouTube Channel!

TheLacus

Post by TheLacus » Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:15 am

Hi Midknightprince, thanks for the interest. I made these models while i was expanding support for graphical mods as a way to test the features which are now possible to implements in game; I had some fun doing it and took the occasion to improve my modelling ability, but Daggerfall Unity is receiving more and more attention from the creative community and we are starting to see some really good stuff.

I encourage you to follow the updates of AlexanderSig mod which seems very promising :)
Midknightprince wrote: About the Char's (Vampire ancient and such), I pretty much checked out the whole post, saw the pictures..etc..etc..and this is just my humble opinion, just call me too old school or whatever, but I'm not very fond of that idea (but i could be wrong, maybe it would look better in game i don't know), I think you went with the "classic is better" possition, so I'm just agreeing with you on that one..
Nothing like being smacked down by an old school classic Daggerfall vampire ancient, or the ancient lich, while trying to run for your life (got some memories about this stuff), and you know, it's just more time spend on something that's just plain good already.
Rhymer is working on 3d enemies and npcs so your feedback should be redirected to him ;)
If you are interested in creating mods for Daggerfall Unity you can find the documentation here.

Midknightprince

Post by Midknightprince » Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:51 pm

TheLacus wrote:Rhymer is working on 3d enemies and npcs so your feedback should be redirected to him ;)
Oh, my bad I thought you did it.., I'll checkout the link to the alexander stuff too

Midknightprince

Post by Midknightprince » Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:50 pm

@ TheLacus
Omg....downloaded....check out the screans on the page you sent me too....WORKING IN GAME....VIDEO INCOMING...already streamed it on my YouTube channel , AMAZING, AMAZING !!!

TheLacus

Post by TheLacus » Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:57 pm

Yep, that's great work. Waiting for your video :)
If you are interested in creating mods for Daggerfall Unity you can find the documentation here.

Midknightprince

Post by Midknightprince » Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:42 pm

check out the reflections in Castle Wayrest, Maybe it's my card drivers, I got an update, I'll let you know..
Last edited by Midknightprince on Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Midknightprince

Post by Midknightprince » Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:44 pm

Next one's gonna be in 1080x60, hold up.
and watch the end of the next one, it looks like the reflections in Castle wayrest are messed up after installing ?

Midknightprince

Post by Midknightprince » Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:49 pm

more screens, use them for whatever..
Attachments
Desktop 08.15.2017 - 14.23.06.84.png
Desktop 08.15.2017 - 14.23.06.84.png (252.16 KiB) Viewed 1510 times
Desktop 08.15.2017 - 14.21.40.83.png
Desktop 08.15.2017 - 14.21.40.83.png (247.84 KiB) Viewed 1510 times
Desktop 08.15.2017 - 14.14.43.82.png
Desktop 08.15.2017 - 14.14.43.82.png (465.63 KiB) Viewed 1510 times

NikitaTheTanner

Post by NikitaTheTanner » Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:58 pm

Rhymer! So nice to see you back! I loved some of your contributions long time ago, especially this version of Main Menu - https://youtu.be/DJ7FWhbwddU It is not wide screen as the later version, but it is so awesome! The lighting, the shadows, the textures and especially the music, oh my god, the music! It all comes together in this masterpiece! If you could somehow find a way to bring it to Daggerfall Unity or at least share the assets - that would be so great!

Now, regarding 3D characters, here I am a bit not sure... There definitely is a problem with proportions, the heads look incredibly huge. Also, vampire has a very strange moustache, a pedostache of sorts, if I am seeing it right. The first version looked somehow more menacing and darker, and I love vampires, I even have ideas on how to make every clan quite unique.

What I think about character models - why invent the wheel? Something like Robert Bodies has been ported from Oblivion to Skyrim and Morrowind by now, maybe even Fallout. Why not use some of the resources created by the community already? We might even grab extra stuff later on, as well as get more people interested in the project. Of course, we should contact mod authors first, but I am sure they wouldn't mind.