Kamer's Stuff II - Random Idea's and Plans

Show off your mod creations or just a work in progress.

Sieges or Pirates

Sieges
68%
Pirating
32%

Total votes: 41

Kamer

Re: Kamer's Stuff II - Random Idea's and Plans

Post by Kamer »

VIO

Villagers wear hoods during the weather. Guards carry torches during the weather as well. Not implemented but early testing is going on now.
Spoiler!
unknown2.png
unknown2.png (339.72 KiB) Viewed 3109 times

joshcamas

Post by joshcamas »

Both of these are so amazing, I'm so excited :D

Midknightprince

Post by Midknightprince »

Looks like it's gonna be Sieges.....
Check out my YouTube Channel!

Kamer

Post by Kamer »

Warm Ashes

Prepping my exterior locations since a Roads mod has been realized. I can work around the roads and make the world a little less empty.
They wont be dungeons but small exterior areas that might have loot or enemies within them. Will also be nice to have more scenery around.

Will be wiling to take any prefrabs made from Uncanny's New Locations mod editor.

Spoiler!

Midknightprince

Kamer wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 1:28 am Warm Ashes

Prepping my exterior locations since a Roads mod has been realized. I can work around the roads and make the world a little less empty.
They wont be dungeons but small exterior areas that might have loot or enemies within them. Will also be nice to have more scenery around.

Will be wiling to take any prefrabs made from Uncanny's New Locations mod editor.

Spoiler!
You know what I was thinking would be cool ?
Little guard posts, you wouldn't need that many / province just spread them out between the big cities with the walls.
Put a torch on top or something, so you could see it at night, maybe make it to work with Hills mod or interesting trains and put it on a hill where a road goes by..
It would add some cool scenery, you could do an orc attack Quest when you enter the zone or something.. I don't know man I just start thinking... sorry about that ;)

Kamer

Post by Kamer »

Not a bad idea and not one I haven't thought of. Will just be a lot of work. This is more focused on locations outside of roads which are easy to randomly place. However I'm not against the idea. I think I'd do another method for that particular idea though.

imsobadatnicknames

Post by imsobadatnicknames »

Hey Kamer! There's some prefabs I made a while ago but never really used, and since I saw you're taking submissions, I figured you'd make better use of them than me

Hunter's outpost:

Battlefield:

Crashed caravan:

Some work needs to be done adjusting billboard placement because for some reason they always appear a little higher in-game than they appear in the editor.
Anyway, feel free to use them or discard them. I might contribute a few more elaborate prefabs later :)
Attachments
Prefabs for Kamer.rar
(1.81 KiB) Downloaded 145 times
Released mods: https://www.nexusmods.com/users/5141135 ... files&BH=0
Daggerfall isn't the only ridiculously intrincate fantasy world simulator with the initials DF that I make mods for: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177071.0

Midknightprince

Kamer wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 10:29 am Not a bad idea and not one I haven't thought of. Will just be a lot of work. This is more focused on locations outside of roads which are easy to randomly place. However I'm not against the idea. I think I'd do another method for that particular idea though.
Well I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks of these things.
So after walking down the roads for about a week I'm thinking we need Travelers but I don't know how you're going to keep the NPCs on the road..

You need to be sending those beautiful wagons down the roads but how the heck would that work ?
I get the quest part, but there's no spawn on road thing in Daggerfall Unity, and then to make them follow the road: I don't think it's possible is it ?
You could be a Raider, you could watch the roads for an bandit/orc attack and protect The Travelers ( just like in the main story)..

You could just make everything spawn when the quest goes on I just think that would look korny...

imsobadatnicknames

Post by imsobadatnicknames »

Midknightprince wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:31 pm but I don't know how you're going to keep the NPCs on the road..
Well... as far as I know, the way the villager AI is handled, each type of tile has a different probability that villagers will step on it (so there's a higher probability that they'll step on road tiles, a smaller probability that they'll step on ground/grass tiles, and they will never step on water tiles). Idk how viable this could be but maybe wilderness travellers could be kept on roads by modifying that AI so that they only step on road tiles and not on ground/grass tiles?

It might not be viable since I think they depend on the town automap to know which tiles are ground, grass, road, water etc.
Released mods: https://www.nexusmods.com/users/5141135 ... files&BH=0
Daggerfall isn't the only ridiculously intrincate fantasy world simulator with the initials DF that I make mods for: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177071.0

Midknightprince

Ehhh just a long shot, I think I get how the quest work too: if NPCs are spawning in the wilderness it's tied to a quest, so like you can't have 500 Quest running just to show these NPCs