Kamer's Stuff II - Random Idea's and Plans

Show off your mod creations or just a work in progress.

Sieges or Pirates

Sieges
68%
Pirating
32%

Total votes: 41

Kamer

Re: Kamer's Stuff II - Random Idea's and Plans

Post by Kamer »

Death Date

This mod I'm working on gives players a random date they are fated to die. Either due to age or illness. Contracting poison or plagues can quicken your
years to an early death if left untreated. You can stop your fate by becoming a vampire. Players are given a random age upon activating the mod.
You'll be notified of your age change yearly. Upon death, you'll be notified by the reactions of factions, royals, people, and guilds of your death.
Then you'll finally be notified of where you will be buried. It doesn't delete your save but it does kill the player upon life expectancy.

Spoiler!

Baler

Post by Baler »

I'm surprised the realism mod guys havn't tackled age yet. In tabletop gaming like D&D age is an important factor to your characters ability.
Unless you're an undead lich using soul gems to live 300 years the chances of your survival are low. :twisted:

Keep up the great work Kamer! you have fans ;)

imsobadatnicknames

Post by imsobadatnicknames »

Really cool! I think i had once requested something like that in the Mods and Features General forum. I'm glad that finally someone found a way to do it!
Released mods: https://www.nexusmods.com/users/5141135 ... files&BH=0
Daggerfall isn't the only ridiculously intrincate fantasy world simulator with the initials DF that I make mods for: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177071.0

andromacus

Post by andromacus »

Another great idea Kamer, thanks for that.

Just few questions if possible:

1. What would be the minimum/maximum life span you would allow with that mod? Would it be possible for example to die suddenly at the age of 28, or to live until 80?
2. What would be the initial age of the character? If it would be randomly defined, have you defined an initial possible range?
3. Would the age also be available in the Information screen (when pressing the "i" button)?

Thanks a lot!

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Damn, hard choice. Siege is smthng more ppl will encounter maybe.. but pirating is awesome too.

Kamer

Post by Kamer »

Death Date Release

Daggerfall is a fantasy life sim. The only other part not implemented is death. Death Dates gives players a random death date. Once that date is reached, you will die for one reason or another. Age, sickness, or some other effect. Inspired by the life aspects of Daggerfall, try out Death Date to see how much you can accomplish in your Daggerfall life before the end.

Version 1 - First Release

-Gives the player a random age upon enabling it on that save. Check your current age with the "I" key.

-Your random Death Date is then generated upon acceptance. Live as short as a year or as long as a hundred.

-Does NOT delete your save. You simply can't progress past a certain point.

-Upon your death you'll be greeted with an end screen telling you how you died, where you will be buried, and how those you affected will react.

What I'd like to implement in the future:

-Birthday gift from Guilds

-More ways to subvert your mortality besides vamperisim.

-Options to just have your player age with no death

-Options to have a minimum age and maximum age be set by player.

-Mortal Wounds/ Disease to decrease your life expectancy

Spoiler!
dd4.png
dd4.png (50.55 KiB) Viewed 2458 times

Download on the Nexus: Here

Jarlyjarljarl

Post by Jarlyjarljarl »

Becoming a Lich would be a cool way to subvert your mortality.

andromacus

Post by andromacus »

Hello,

I think I may have found a potentially replicable bug on the Death Date mod (at least, it appears replicable on my PC).

Here how I replicated it so far:

1. Let your character (for which you already had a death date set, as a result of the first setting) die
2. Click accidentally "Start New Game" from the main menu
3. Press "ESC"
4. Click on "Load Saved Game"

As a result, every time I reload a game the pop up message "do you want your fate to be written in the stars" appears, and if I click Yes the age of my character is changed (he was 26 in the first setting, then became 21, then 24 etc)

It's just me having this misbehavior?

Thanks so much!