[Mod] Vanilla Normal Mapped

Show off your mod creations or just a work in progress.
socuciustarkus

Re: [Mod] Vanilla Normal Mapped

Post by socuciustarkus »

imsobadatnicknames wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 11:25 pm I went through the effort of deleting all the outdoor terrain maps from the folder to solve this problem a couple hours ago. I just uploaded it to google drive, so feel free to release it as an alternate version if you want, no sense in doing it again if someone else already did it :p

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yD8Lg3 ... sp=sharing
iirc the version I released to the public via the current link had a bunch of extra unused textures anyway so I'm just redoing all of it. Thanks anyway :)

Kamer

Post by Kamer »

Very much looking forward to this.

Freak2121

Post by Freak2121 »

I was experimenting with doing this by hand, except not just with normals, but metal, height, and occlusion as well. What I quickly realized was that for the PBR stuff in Unity to not look really wrong, you need a real-time reflection probe to be affecting whatever you're looking at. Otherwise, everything has this weird darkness to it.

I took some screenshots to explain it. I'm not certain but I think it affects normal maps as well. By the way, if you want the textures that I have worked on, I'll be glad to give them to you. :)

socuciustarkus

Post by socuciustarkus »

Freak2121 wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 5:39 am I was experimenting with doing this by hand, except not just with normals, but metal, height, and occlusion as well. What I quickly realized was that for the PBR stuff in Unity to not look really wrong, you need a real-time reflection probe to be affecting whatever you're looking at. Otherwise, everything has this weird darkness to it.

I took some screenshots to explain it. I'm not certain but I think it affects normal maps as well. By the way, if you want the textures that I have worked on, I'll be glad to give them to you. :)
Your work looks a whole lot better than mine lol, and thanks, but I can't even figure out how to build a .dfmod file that the game will recognize lol, and to be honest, I'm not a very good or dedicated developer, I accomplished what I set out to do in the very beginning with acceptable results and now my willpower has run out. Sorry if I got anyone's hopes up

I wish dfunity would recognize the heightmaps and specular/metalness maps my mod includes as loose files. Maybe I added the wrong suffix to the file name? I just don't want to go through each and every texture making .mat files for them :/