Daggerfall Models List

Show off your mod creations or just a work in progress.
kingOfWyrms

Daggerfall Models List

Post by kingOfWyrms »

I've decided to release my half-finished spreadsheet list of Daggerfall's models. Each entry has a name describing the model to the best of my ability, and the model's corresponding ID for DFU. I've been sitting on this for about a year hoping I'd be able to come up with some impressive scene to showcase it, but I haven't been able to come up with any good ideas for that. I made this thing one night in about ~6-8 hours, and it's got a lot of work to be done to complete it yet, but right now it works as a near-complete database of any sort of "prop" models. That's things like furniture, fences, basically anything that isn't part of a structure. A third of the damn thing is just graveyard decorations; I have no idea why Beth decided so much of their modelling resources should go to such an underwhelming dungeon type, but there's more props for graveyards than I think there is furniture. I didn't focus on them, but apparently Beth did.

Anyways, this should be useful for anyone wanting to make custom scenes. I made it in LibreOffice, so hopefully it'll open in whatever program you use, but if you have any suggestions to improve it, be that a better program to build it in for better searching, better names, or clarifying what a model I've mistaken actually is. Also, I'm not sure how to properly give permission, but anyone is free to modify, use, and build upon this thing.
Daggerfall Models List V1.zip
(25.02 KiB) Downloaded 225 times

TheLacus

Re: Daggerfall Models List

Post by TheLacus »

Hey, this is impressive work. Surely it will be useful, thank you for the time you put in this :)

kingOfWyrms

Re: Daggerfall Models List

Post by kingOfWyrms »

I'm working on getting the "room" models in right now, but that might take a while. I've noticed that a lot of the structural models seem to be composed of smaller models for each feature/surface. I'm thinking maybe getting those models into the list might allow for some more custom builds, though they'd be finicky for someone to work with. As far as the "rooms" go, I've just finished off the 10000s. It's only gonna get harder from here, the 10000 series of files was rectangular rooms with only one entrance on the east side of the north wall. Now I'm getting into some more interesting shapes that are gonna be a pain to name intuitively. This thing is big enough to need its own wiki. Would probably be better as one too, I'm not sure I can come up with names for all the weird shapes of rooms they have; they're hard to convey with anything but pictures.

The best approach might be to use Daggerfall Imaging to look through the models, but it would need a few tweaks to be really usable in that regard. Sadly, I don't currently have the skills to modify any kind of program, and I don't think there's any way to download the Daggerfall Imaging source anyways.