[MOD] Interesting Terrains [WIP]

Show off your mod creations or just a work in progress.
monobelisk

Re: [MOD] Interesting Terrains [WIP]

Post by monobelisk »

pango wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 5:31 pm Okay. Just to be sure I made an installation with no other mod, and it's still not working correctly.
Results seem slightly different, but one could say slightly more broken:

It's very trippy though :)

Recompiled 0.5.1 from GitHub sources, same thing...
Well, my goal was to make the terrain more interesting - I guess I succeeded :lol:

I'll get some Linux running, and see if I can reproduce the issue and do some debugging. Which distro are you using?

pango

Post by pango »

monobelisk wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:49 am Well, my goal was to make the terrain more interesting - I guess I succeeded :lol:
Exactly ;)
monobelisk wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:49 am I'll get some Linux running, and see if I can reproduce the issue and do some debugging. Which distro are you using?
Linux Mint 20 Ulyana (Cinnamon) amd64 to be accurate
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

monobelisk

Post by monobelisk »

pango wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:09 pm Linux Mint 20 Ulyana (Cinnamon) amd64 to be accurate
It turned out that I don't own a single functional USB key, so I couldn't test out on Mint. However, I was able to reproduce the issue on my work computer running Arch. There appears to be an issue, on Linux, with the way I calculate the location heights, and I'm unable to find a solution to the problem, so I'll attempt to find a workaround.

pango

Post by pango »

That's kind of strange. Again 0.4.1 works perfectly, if that helps pinpoint what goes wrong.
Anyway, if you need any help testing stuff or whatever, just ask :)
-- Charles Goodhart

monobelisk

Post by monobelisk »

pango wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:44 pm That's kind of strange. Again 0.4.1 works perfectly, if that helps pinpoint what goes wrong.
Anyway, if you need any help testing stuff or whatever, just ask :)

I believe I've found a workaround: https://drive.google.com/file/d/15HEgJB ... sp=sharing

Could you test it out and let me know if it also works on your end? :)

pango

Post by pango »

Yup, seems to work fine again. And with Basic Roads, too :)
2020_11_21_01_54_45.jpg
2020_11_21_01_54_45.jpg (170.26 KiB) Viewed 1718 times
Thanks again!
-- Charles Goodhart

monobelisk

Post by monobelisk »

pango wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 1:02 pm Yup, seems to work fine again. And with Basic Roads, too :)

Thanks again!
Awesome! :D I'll get a proper update rolling. Thanks for the assistance :)

monobelisk

New version: 0.5.2

Post by monobelisk »

New version released: 0.5.2

Fixes a serious issue with location heights on Linux (and possibly on Mac, if such issues ever existed there).

Lokkrin Zhataros

Post by Lokkrin Zhataros »

I've been enjoying this Interesting Terrain mod lately. Those are some really impressive and realistic looking mountain ranges and peaks. This is exactly the kind of thing the terrain and wilderness in DFU needs. It's also fun and bit of a challenge when using Travel Options. Right now I'm just experimenting with it, and I know this is still a work in progress. But I plan to do an entire playthrough with this mod eventually. We'll see how that goes, I may post some screenshots somewhere.

Keep up the good work!

monobelisk

Post by monobelisk »

Lokkrin Zhataros wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:04 pm I've been enjoying this Interesting Terrain mod lately. Those are some really impressive and realistic looking mountain ranges and peaks. This is exactly the kind of thing the terrain and wilderness in DFU needs. It's also fun and bit of a challenge when using Travel Options. Right now I'm just experimenting with it, and I know this is still a work in progress. But I plan to do an entire playthrough with this mod eventually. We'll see how that goes, I may post some screenshots somewhere.

Keep up the good work!
Thank you :D Yeah, it seems to work well with Travel Options; with the former Tedious Travel you kept dying from fall damage in the mountains! It's my plan that the terrain isn't going to change much from now on unless there are issues that need to be fixed, but I might improve the texturing. Feel free to post screenshots on the Nexus page :)