[MOD] Interesting Terrains [WIP]

Show off your mod creations or just a work in progress.
Freak2121

Re: [MOD] Interesting Terrains [WIP]

Post by Freak2121 »

Hey guys, sorry I haven't been keeping up. Windows completely broke for me and I've been spending the past little while just reinstalling all of my stuff. Will get back into things soon.

Daniel87

Post by Daniel87 »

Freak2121 wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 3:54 am Hey guys, sorry I haven't been keeping up. Windows completely broke for me and I've been spending the past little while just reinstalling all of my stuff. Will get back into things soon.
I recommend changing to Linux for good. At least I don't regret that I did.
In Julianos we Trust.

monobelisk

Post by monobelisk »

Hi

Apologies for losing time and interest regarding this mod. But, as Hazelnut mentioned, I'm thrilled to see that it's being kept alive and made way more awesome!! I've (finally) updated the Nexus page to inform that the mod is no longer being worked on, and link to Interesting Eroded Terrains instead, and will do the same in the first post of this thread.

Thanks for picking up where I left off, and keep up the amazing work! :D

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Hi Monobelisk, very glad you are happy with others picking up the torch and keeping your mod alive and kicking. This (your return and greenlight given) is the moment I have predicted a while back when discussions about the ethic questions of someone else continuing your work took place. Glad I was right, glad you are happy, glad the mod lives on. Well played everybody 👍👍

Daniel87

Post by Daniel87 »

Freak2121 wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 3:54 am Hey guys, sorry I haven't been keeping up. Windows completely broke for me and I've been spending the past little while just reinstalling all of my stuff. Will get back into things soon.
Heyho,

it seems as if your mod doesn't work anymore after recent DFU upgrades. Since my mod more or less requires yours, could you have a quick look at this and upgrade your mod? To elaborate further: I have a texture bug that might be fixed now, but I need your terrain to really test it, as the terrain creates the landscape necessary to check if the bug is still there or not.

BTW, could you create a complete new Thread in the Forum for your variation of Interesting Terrain, if you didn't already? I couldn't find it.
In Julianos we Trust.

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Just to clarify, the mod will need a re-build with the road changes I submitted and then it should work find with the upcoming DFU 0.11.4 release. Works for me just fine anyway, I did check.

I can do the build and post it here, but I wont be able to update Nexus of course. :)

So here's a test build of Interesting Eroded Terrain mod latest code from https://github.com/Freak2121/DFUnity-In ... edTerrains and it works with DFU 0.11.3 release as well as the latest DFU code. It has my changes for road mod compatibility which have been accepted but not yet released on Nexus by Freak21.
Attachments
interestingterrains-testBuild-0.6.1.zip
(647.06 KiB) Downloaded 127 times
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Daniel87

Post by Daniel87 »

As always: Thank you Hazel!!!
In Julianos we Trust.

Freak2121

Post by Freak2121 »

Sorry for the delay friends, had a busy few weeks dealing with vaccine symptoms, tutoring my niece and getting back into a few hobbies. All good now, though.

I updated the mod on Nexus and Github, and created a new thread like you asked here. :D

Daniel87

Post by Daniel87 »

Freak2121 wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 4:26 am Sorry for the delay friends, had a busy few weeks dealing with vaccine symptoms, tutoring my niece and getting back into a few hobbies. All good now, though.

I updated the mod on Nexus and Github, and created a new thread like you asked here. :D
Thank you! Hope your are well and healthy again!
In Julianos we Trust.

haloterm

Post by haloterm »

monobelisk wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 11:32 am Hi

Apologies for losing time and interest regarding this mod. But, as Hazelnut mentioned, I'm thrilled to see that it's being kept alive and made way more awesome!! I've (finally) updated the Nexus page to inform that the mod is no longer being worked on, and link to Interesting Eroded Terrains instead, and will do the same in the first post of this thread.

Thanks for picking up where I left off, and keep up the amazing work! :D
I know you left that mod, but as the successor mod Interesting Eroded Terrains is also not working anymore in 0.13.0, it would be so cool to get advise on how to make that compatible again... only if you can and want, of course.