DFU Injector

Show off your mod creations or just a work in progress.
l3lessed

Re: DFU Injector

Post by l3lessed »

I got you. Makes perfect sense. I can see how this could be helpful, especially for Custom UI, like the forum example.
My Daggerfall Mod Github: l3lessed DFU Mod Github

My Beth Mods: l3lessed Nexus Page

Daggerfall Unity mods: Combat Overhaul Mod

Enjoy the free work I'm doing? Consider lending your support.

ShortBeard

Post by ShortBeard »

l3lessed wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 1:33 am I got you. Makes perfect sense. I can see how this could be helpful, especially for Custom UI, like the forum example.
It can also be helpful for some methods that aren't really used by dfmods (or can't be). For example, I know that Ralzar was going to look at level scaling. The methods which would be replaced aren't really accessible by normal dfmod means so I don't think it would break any mods in (some) circumstances.

l3lessed

Post by l3lessed »

Honestly, I wish this was around when I began developing my fpsweapon replacement mod and scripts. It would of made development much easier because I could of accessed a number of needed methods, instead of instituting the script shut down and reconstruction tricks I ended up doing to largely replace these system.

Cool to know though, as it will probably help in the future.

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

l3lessed wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 1:33 am I got you. Makes perfect sense. I can see how this could be helpful, especially for Custom UI, like the forum example.
You should already be able to create a custom UI using the mod interface and UI window factory provided by DFU.

This is great for stuff buried deep that is difficult to expose for modding, but I hope people will continue to work towards modding interfaces where it makes sense - even though it can require some patience.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

l3lessed

Post by l3lessed »

I'm having some issues getting this set up.

First question. Which mods folder? The "Streaming Assets" one or the "Assets/Game" directory or the main folder mods sub-directory where the exe is?

Second, when I create a new project, I lose all the references. When I try to add them back, there is no option to browse to add back custom references to the project. Maybe I need to move to 2019. I'm on 2017 visual studio. I guess my real question is, is this compiled through the mod builder using the new dll method(adding a cs file and ticking the dll option) or through building the solution direct in visual studio.

ShortBeard

Post by ShortBeard »

l3lessed wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 9:45 pm I'm having some issues getting this set up.

First question. Which mods folder? The "Streaming Assets" one or the "Assets/Game" directory or the main folder mods sub-directory where the exe is?

Second, when I create a new project, I lose all the references. When I try to add them back, there is no option to browse to add back custom references to the project. Maybe I need to move to 2019. I'm on 2017 visual studio. I guess my real question is, is this compiled through the mod builder using the new dll method(adding a cs file and ticking the dll option) or through building the solution direct in visual studio.
The mod folder in streaming assets where your mods would normally go. So:

DaggerfallUnity_Data\StreamingAssets\Mods\injector_mods

As for your visual studio issues, I am not sure, maybe try 2019. To answer your question though, the DLL's are built directory in visual studio, using the existing games DLL's as references. The Unity Editor is not used at all to build mods in this fashion (though can be helpful for prototyping what you want to do or to help with referencing).