[Overhaul Project] Daggerfall Unity Re-imagined

Show off your mod creations or just a work in progress.
Magicono43

Re: [Overhaul Project] Daggerfall Unity Re-imagined

Post by Magicono43 »

Daniel87 wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 2:27 am Awesome! Love your project!
Looking forward to see it in action. Enemy AI always was a pain. Today I had a tiger following me out into a lake walking on water like jesus. There is so much that needs to be fixed about how the original AI worked. Keep up the great work! :)
Awesome to hear, I hope your Wilderness mod is going well also, there seems to be quite a bit of interest in that from the thread I have seen. Yeah, I do plan to do a lot more with the AI eventually, but this was something I just wanted to quickly knock off the list since I made a bunch of new potions, figured might as well have more use for them. Eventually I hope to have the AI be a bit less "homogeneous", in that I would like a rat to behave and make "decisions" differently than say a bear, or a human, or an orc, etc. But that's for the future, for right now i'll stick with the small but still impactful stuff!

Magicono43

Post by Magicono43 »

Found out it was extremely easy to replace textures and add texture variants for the various items currently in the vanilla game. So Decided doing this for books was necessary, due to there currently only being 2 variants used in the base game. So I added another 35 to that list and assigned each book their own specific texture from this current pool.

Big thanks to Kokytos on the unofficial Discord channel for making the Middle Thicc variants and helping with the coloring on the palate swapped oghma infinium's.
All Textures Added
All Textures Added
Book Texture Pallete Swaps_Showcase.png (20.15 KiB) Viewed 3232 times
In-game examples 1
In-game examples 1
Book Drops 1.png (324.3 KiB) Viewed 3232 times
In-game examples 2
In-game examples 2
Book Drops 2.png (334.6 KiB) Viewed 3232 times

Magicono43

Post by Magicono43 »

I realized that adding a rarity dependent drop chances would cause a lot of repetition for the more common stuff, and just how few of some of these items there are in the base game, so I decided it was probably as good of a time as any to add more to that pool to hopefully put off some repetition from the loot table, as well as just for the sake of more variety in general for items in the game.

All these added are intended to be used as ingredients for potions, as well as for the eventual "cooking" system when I eventually add in some survival mechanics similar to the Climates & Calories mod.

These are the custom sprites for all of those currently 53 added items. Once again, big thanks to Kokytos for helping with many of the sprites (the better looking ones of the bunch), as well as other assistance with the sprites and workflow of making them.

Added_Ingredient_List_Part-1_53-Total_Credit-Marked.png
Added_Ingredient_List_Part-1_53-Total_Credit-Marked.png (40.3 KiB) Viewed 3181 times

List of item names:

Code: Select all

1. Slaughterfish Scales
2. Rat Tail
3. Spider Eye
4. Bonemeal
5. Dreugh Wax
6. Fire Powder
7. Gargoyle Horn
8. Imp Heart
9. Vampire Dust
10. Permafrost Shavings
11. Alkanet Flower
12. Columbine Flower
13. Fennel Flower
14. Flax Flower
15. Dragon's_Tongue (By Kokytos)
16. Foxglove_Flower (By Kokytos)
17. Wild Bergamot
18. Banana
19. Black Berries
20. Fig
21. Blue Berries
22. Grapes
23. Kiwi
24. Lemon
25. Lime
26. Orange
27. Pear
28. Pomegranate
29. Amethyst
30. Apatite
31. Aquamarine
32. Garnet
33. Spinel
34. Topaz
35. Zircon
36. Arrowroot
37. Black Trumpet
38. Bog Beacon
39. Emetic Russula
40. Fly Amanita
41. Garlic
42. Giant Puffball
43. Ginseng Root
44. Glowing Mushroom
45. Green Elfcup
46. Beech Mushroom (By Kokytos)
47. Mint
48. Onion
49. Steel-Blue Entoloma
50. Stinkhorn
51. Summer Bolete
52. Tinder Polypore
53. Tobacco

Magicono43

Post by Magicono43 »

Capture4.JPG
Capture4.JPG (16.03 KiB) Viewed 3103 times
Capture5.JPG
Capture5.JPG (71.25 KiB) Viewed 3103 times

Certain new pieces of jewelry are now wearable.

Magicono43

Post by Magicono43 »

Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (60.42 KiB) Viewed 3054 times

I thought the crown would look too tacky, but I actually quite like it when paired with certain sets of clothing.

Magicono43

Post by Magicono43 »

Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (64.19 KiB) Viewed 3048 times

Alright, that's enough dress-up for today.

Magicono43

Post by Magicono43 »

Added_Jewelry_List_88-Total.png
Added_Jewelry_List_88-Total.png (62.84 KiB) Viewed 3012 times
From Left to Right of the image.
---------------------------
Re-textured Gem Stones
Silver, Gold, and Gem Encrusted Crowns
Silver Tiaras
Gold Tiaras
Silver Rings
Gold Rings
Earings
Pendants
Gem Encrusted Bracelets

Added New Jewelry Items With Custom Textures, 88 of Them For Now. All Equip-able Crown And Tiara's On The Paper-Doll As Well, as the previous posts would show examples of.

Now that I have these implemented into the game, after a decent amount of tedious work getting the textures in and XML files for said textures and such. I'm going to now likely set their values and rarity values and such and actually put these into the loot system properly like the other parts I have been working on in the loot system the past few weeks, good progress though all things considered.

Magicono43

Post by Magicono43 »

Added_Drugs_List_9-Total.PNG
Added_Drugs_List_9-Total.PNG (12.65 KiB) Viewed 2886 times

Reworked Existing Drugs And Added Custom Ones, New Textures And Custom Effects 9 Total.

Also important to note, the effects for the drugs don't just work in the basic 1-magic round = 1 effect tick. With the custom disease framework already in place, I was able to delay the tick frequency to whatever I wanted, so instead of say 1-tick every magic round, it could be 1-tick every 15 magic rounds or whatever. On top of that, I was able to have the effects do different things over the duration, instead of just a linear effect throughout, so the effects have "phases" during the duration, generally getting weaker near the end of the effects.

The next thing i'm probably going to start work on is the misc/flavor items that will drop from enemies with specific personality quirks and traits. These items will also just be added to the general pool of items as well for say general stores and pawn-shops and such, but some of them will likely have uses outside of flavor and quick junk to sell. Like I plan on having a pipe of some kind in your inventory to be able to use some of these drug items, currently tobacco and Sursum being the only ones, but maybe more later if more are added. As well as other more generally practical stuff, but much more difficult to implement things such as small carry-able inventory containers like lock-boxes, small chests, sacks, etc, that could be used as portable inventory/organization in a way. As well as being a way for some enemies to potentially secure their belongings in lock-boxes on their person that require some way to unlock them before you can access the contents inside. Just thing of the any other "inventory within your inventory" items in other games and you should know what i'm getting at here, but it won't be easy, lots of custom code needed for this particular type of items, but should be interesting.

Magicono43

Post by Magicono43 »

84 Total Items Added, Some With Multiple Variants. Many Textures From Previously Unused Daggerfall Assets.
84 Total Items Added, Some With Multiple Variants. Many Textures From Previously Unused Daggerfall Assets.
Added_Misc-Items_List_84-Total.png (117.37 KiB) Viewed 2824 times

Added New Misc/Flavor Items With Some Custom Textures, 84 New Items For Now, Some With Multiple Texture Variants. Some Will Be Used For Different Purposes Eventually.

Names of Items:

Code: Select all

1. Compass
2. Fishing Pole
3. Fishing Rod
4. Matchbox
5. Pickaxe
6. Rope
7. Smoking Pipe
8. Spade
9. Whetstone
10. Sewing Kit
11. Jeweler's Pliers
12. Epoxy Glue
13. Charging Powder
14. Armorers Hammer
15. Barrel
16. Bucket (2 Variants)
17. Lockbox (3 Variants)
18. Pouch
19. Quiver
20. Satchel
21. Snuff Box
22. Urn
23. Lute
24. Ney
25. Oboe
26. Flute
27. Hand Drum
28. Empty Bottle (2 Variants)
29. Wooden Cup
30. Tin Goblet
31. Silver Goblet
32. Gold Goblet
33. Gem Encrusted Silver Goblet
34. Gem Encrusted Gold Goblet
35. Hip Flask
36. Bone
37. Skeletal Arm
38. Animal Skull
39. Animal Carcass
40. Human Skull
41. Doll
42. Wooden Horse
43. Wooden Puzzle Box
44. Toy House (3 Variants)
45. Toy Anvil
46. Blindfold
47. Handcuffs
48. Religious Icon (2 Variants)
49. Occult Fetish
50. Demonic Figurine (5 Variants)
51. Scepter (2 Variants)
52. Dirty Rags
53. Tent (3 Variants)
54. Trunk (2 Variants)
55. Basket (2 Variants)
56. Bellows
57. Broom
58. Brush
59. Cane
60. Frying Pan
61. Painter's Pallete (2 Variants)
62. Hour Glass
63. Inside Caliper
64. Outside Caliper
65. Magnifying Glass
66. Mallet
67. Metal Scoop
68. Mirror
69. Paint Brush
70. Net
71. Proportional Divider
72. Quill & Ink Well
73. Scroll
74. Scythe
75. Shears
76. Spectacles
77. Spyglass
78. Tongs
79. Triangle Ruler
80. Trowel
81. Wooden Scoop
82. Wooden Shovel
83. Wooden Spoon
Many of these items are just there to add much needed variety to the loot that you see in the game. Think of many of these sort of like in Oblivion when you would rob a house or just looting random containers in a city, just "junk" that can be sold or used for flavor. In this case many of these will be dropped be enemies with specific "personality quirks" and "interests" if they have any to give some indication of what they did and were like before you or something else killed them.

Also some of these I plan on using for other functions more practically, such as the spade, rope, matches, fishing implements, hip flask, compass, etc. But I won't be working on those uses until later, first I need to actually properly add these to the enemy and shop loot tables.

Magicono43

Post by Magicono43 »

As I was adding the new items to the loot tables, I had realized that I forgot a good few items that I intended on adding for more flavor inside certain dungeon type locations, most of these are "junk" items, but give more indication of where you actually currently are. Added about 11 more items, some with 2-3 texture variants.

Added_Misc-Items_List_96-Total.PNG
Added_Misc-Items_List_96-Total.PNG (137.83 KiB) Viewed 2777 times