[MOD] Banditry and Travelling Merchants

Show off your mod creations or just a work in progress.
thevro

Re: [MOD] Banditry and Travelling Merchants

Post by thevro »

Understood, thanks for explaining it.

haloterm

Post by haloterm »

I am not sure but I think there is a bug with checking for available money.

When I buy something from a merchant, he may give me the item, but still tell me that I don't have enough money afterwards.

imsobadatnicknames

Post by imsobadatnicknames »

haloterm wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:54 am I am not sure but I think there is a bug with checking for available money.

When I buy something from a merchant, he may give me the item, but still tell me that I don't have enough money afterwards.
Oh! I know what's causing the issue. I think something about how the "pay x money do _y_ otherwise do _z_" quest command works changed a few versions back, because it started causing issues with my mercenaries mod. Basically what's happening is that back when I created these mods, that quest command seemed to only charge you once, but now it seems that unless you set the code to manually clear the task that triggers the command, it gives you the item but then keeps trying to charge you over and over again. I fixed it in that my mercenaries mod but completely forgot to fix it in this one.
It's an easy fix tho, i just need to squeeze out some free time to do it. Haven't had much time to do daggerfall stuff since I started my new job, sadly.
I'll try to have a fix up by this weekend!
Last edited by imsobadatnicknames on Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Released mods: https://www.nexusmods.com/users/5141135 ... files&BH=0
Daggerfall isn't the only ridiculously intrincate fantasy world simulator with the initials DF that I make mods for: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177071.0

haloterm

Post by haloterm »

imsobadatnicknames wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:44 am
haloterm wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:54 am I am not sure but I think there is a bug with checking for available money.

Oh! I know what's causing the issue. I think something about how the "pay x money do _y_ otherwise do _z_" quest command works changed a few versions back, because it started causing issues with my mercenaries mod. Basically what's happening is that back when I created these mods, that quest command seemed to only charge you once, but now it seems that unless you manually clear the task that triggers the command, it gives you the item but then keeps trying to charge you over and over again. I fixed it in that my mercenaries mod but completely forgot to fix it in this one.
It's an easy fix tho, i just need to squeeze out some free time to do it. Haven't had much time to do daggerfall stuff since I started my new job, sadly.
Ah that makes sense :) Thanks for looking into it, take your time.

imsobadatnicknames

Post by imsobadatnicknames »

haloterm wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:57 am
imsobadatnicknames wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:44 am

Oh! I know what's causing the issue. I think something about how the "pay x money do _y_ otherwise do _z_" quest command works changed a few versions back, because it started causing issues with my mercenaries mod. Basically what's happening is that back when I created these mods, that quest command seemed to only charge you once, but now it seems that unless you manually clear the task that triggers the command, it gives you the item but then keeps trying to charge you over and over again. I fixed it in that my mercenaries mod but completely forgot to fix it in this one.
Ah that makes sense :) Thanks for looking into it, take your time.
Okay, I just added a line to clear the pay gold task once you get the item to every one of the files. This should fix the problem! Let me know if it doesn't tho.
Attachments
Banditry and Travelling merchants fix.rar
(32.57 KiB) Downloaded 87 times
Released mods: https://www.nexusmods.com/users/5141135 ... files&BH=0
Daggerfall isn't the only ridiculously intrincate fantasy world simulator with the initials DF that I make mods for: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177071.0

haloterm

Post by haloterm »

imsobadatnicknames wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 5:33 pm Okay, I just added a line to clear the pay gold task once you get the item to every one of the files. This should fix the problem! Let me know if it doesn't tho.
Thank you!

I now noticed something more:

The merchants offer 3 items in a row, and for each I can decide yes or no.

When I click "no" after the 2nd offer, the merchant says his "thank you for business, must go" message instead of directly showing his 3rd offer. (The 3rd offer is still shown after the wrong thank you message).

Edit: I think it was with the 3 guys, where 2 knights are and the knights point me to their boss if I want to buy something... but I am not sure anymore... sorry for being a bit vague.

Edit 2: Another observation: A travelling alchemist appeared in my hotel room after I woke up, picking berrys ;)

Magicono43

Post by Magicono43 »

So started using this mod just recently in 13.4 release. I think there is something wrong with the "Adventuring Parties" that spawn. They seem to kill each other if they are of opposite "factions" based on the in-fighting mechanic. So if some knights and stuff spawn they will start fighting their "allies" of other rogues and such.

Also, what is your name on the unofficial Discord if you have one? I feel like I talked to you on there before but I am not 100% sure, thanks.

L57

Post by L57 »

A good premise, but apart from other issues, this mod spawns NPCs everywhere, including dungeons. You can quickly 'fix' reputation and infighting issues: just remove all reputation lines in these txt-files (it's tolerable since the game would still send thugs and knights after you, if you practice robbery). To prevent infighting just replace thieves and rogues with warriors or knights. But apparently there is no easy way to fix the aforementioned spawn issue.

Eventually I simply rebuilt this mod on the SIGIL basis to solve this problem. Works great now.