[Mod] Guilds Cure Poison

Show off your mod creations or just a work in progress.
flynsarmy

[Mod] Guilds Cure Poison

Post by flynsarmy »

Fed up with the death sentence that is poison on a warrior, I built a simple mod to add a 'Cure Poison' service to any temple healer with 'Cure Disease'.

Description

The price and functionality works exactly the same, only the newly added button cures all poisons instead of diseases.

Installation

Full source code as well as dfmod's for every OS are available over at the GitHub repo.
Copy the `.dfmod` for your OS of choice to your DFU installations StreamingAssets\Mods folder.

Future Improvements

There's a lot of room for improvement with this mod from its current state. Namely the following:
  • A new popup window texture could be made to give the buttons individual 'button' appearance
  • The price shown in the confirmation window is set to 0 (though you'll be charged the correct amount)
  • If you click the button when not poisoned, you get the standard 'You are not diseased' message. This should be changed to 'poisoned'.
  • I wouldn't mind this service being added to all alchemists in the game too
Pull requests would be happily accepted on the GitHub repo!

Midknightprince

Re: [Mod] Guilds Cure Poison

Post by Midknightprince »

Somebody FINNALY made this thing ?

THANK YOU MAN, and the people who don't say anything are thanking you too !
Check out my YouTube Channel!

Superhessu

Post by Superhessu »

Hi,

Thank you for this very much needed mod. My character is about die but still surviving :) Willpower is down to 24 now.

So, i installed the mod. I went to Kynareth temple, clicked the "cure poison" link and priest informed me that prize was haggled to 0 gold. I clicked accept but then it says "You do not have enough gold". I have 200-300 gold. Any idea whats wrong? :o :shock: :D

Thanks!

flynsarmy

Post by flynsarmy »

Yes the message will say 0 gold but you'll be charged the same number you would if you were curing disease. I couldn't figure out how to fix this in the plugin. It's probably costing you a little bit more than 300.

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Looked at the code and seems well done. Might be simpler to just mod the cure disease menu option to work on poisons as well, but there's little reason to do this presently as the service code is not moddable without overriding this whole UI window. That should be changed, but no timescale.

Anyway, good job. :)
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Uncanny_Valley

Post by Uncanny_Valley »

Great addition!

Bard

Post by Bard »

Doesn't seem to be working in the latest edition.

flynsarmy

Post by flynsarmy »

I've stopped playing Daggerfall but the mod is open source. Would love for someone to take the reigns and get it compatible with the latest version and maybe even add some improvements along the way!

Bard

Post by Bard »

I wish I knew what I was doing. I'd do it myself, but alas, I know nothing.

DunnyOfPenwick

Post by DunnyOfPenwick »

I've got an upcoming Herbalism mod that will help with poisons, and has other curatives as well that would be useful for non-magic characters (but not for disease)..