World of Daggerfall (Betony Demo)

Show off your mod creations or just a work in progress.
Kamer

Re: World of Daggerfall (Betony Demo)

Post by Kamer »

carademono wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:00 pm I really enjoyed running around the Whitefort docks and exploring for bandit camps. Can't wait for future versions! Any possibility of adding some Dwemer ruins? viewtopic.php?f=14&t=3955
If its lore friendly then hell yea. I'm sure I can find a way for interiors to work for them. Just need to read up on them and make sure they belong anywhere in the region. If even just a few.

Kamer

Post by Kamer »

Luzur wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:36 pm Any special loading order we should be knowing? after or before any certain mod etc?
I usually just set it as one of the last to be loaded

carademono

Post by carademono »

That would be cool as heck! Lorewise, there should be Dwemer ruins in both High Rock and Hammerfell. I'm not sure which areas in particular, though. I started thinking up a list of prefab ideas for future iterations of the mod -- you've probably thought of most of these already:

Rocks - additional sizes, shapes, and colors, for different areas
Druid groves / stone circles
Wizard towers
Lich towers
Dwemer ruins
Circus
Tourneys
Farmlands outside of cities
Pirate bases
Orc camps
Gypsy camps
Logging camps
Daedra cult
Witch's huts

Combined with Daniel87's Wilderness Overhaul, this would totally transform exploration.

Kamer

Post by Kamer »

carademono wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:10 pm That would be cool as heck! Lorewise, there should be Dwemer ruins in both High Rock and Hammerfell. I'm not sure which areas in particular, though. I started thinking up a list of prefab ideas for future iterations of the mod -- you've probably thought of most of these already:

Rocks - additional sizes, shapes, and colors, for different areas
Druid groves / stone circles
Wizard towers
Lich towers
Dwemer ruins
Circus
Tourneys
Farmlands outside of cities
Pirate bases
Orc camps
Gypsy camps
Logging camps
Daedra cult
Witch's huts

Combined with Daniel87's Wilderness Overhaul, this would totally transform exploration.
The Wizard Towers remind me of imsobadatnicknames' Titanic Towers mod you might could check out.

carademono

Post by carademono »

Thanks for pointing me to that! Installing it now, and looking forward to the not so far-off day when reclusive wizards live in those towers.

carademono

Post by carademono »

Out of curiosity, are you placing locations by hand, or are you using scripts? I've been thinking that it would make sense to place a large percentage of the new locations within visual distance of Hazelnut's roads. This will help players find them and make Travel Options a more worthwhile way to travel. Daggerfall's never going to be dense enough for most players to want to tromp through the woods without knowing where they're going, and even bandits probably don't want to hike 40 miles through the wilderness to reach their fort!

Daniel87

Post by Daniel87 »

This looks awesome. Does DFU treat these forts a locations? Then it should b compatible with my mod :D
In Julianos we Trust.

imsobadatnicknames

Post by imsobadatnicknames »

Daniel87 wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:39 am This looks awesome. Does DFU treat these forts a locations? Then it should b compatible with my mod :D
I don't think it treats them as locations bc they're made with a modified version of UV's Location Loader, which meas that as far as the game's World Data is concerned these locations don't actually exist.
Released mods: https://www.nexusmods.com/users/5141135 ... files&BH=0
Daggerfall isn't the only ridiculously intrincate fantasy world simulator with the initials DF that I make mods for: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177071.0

Daniel87

Post by Daniel87 »

In that case my mod will spawn trees and plants into structures :/
In Julianos we Trust.

Kamer

Post by Kamer »

Daniel87 wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:25 pm In that case my mod will spawn trees and plants into structures :/
You should try it out cause this is what i've been most curious about. These are kinda like "Locations". They use data to create a fake location. They flatten the ground and remove trees in the area like how real locations would. They just dont show up on the map or go anywhere.