World of Daggerfall (Betony Demo)

Show off your mod creations or just a work in progress.
Kamer

World of Daggerfall (Betony Demo)

Post by Kamer »

I'm very tired and yet very busy. So I will keep things vague to make this more mysterious and perhaps adventurous for now.
This is one of the projects I've been working on awhile. How about you travel to Betony and see what places you might discover?
Share some screens! I love the sensation of discovery. Just know this is at its earliest stage.

Try it out and let me know what you think.

Spoiler!
oooooyea2.png
oooooyea2.png (494.21 KiB) Viewed 5715 times

Not compatible with UV's Custom Locations (Though those locations will still load in this version of the mod.)

Download:
Betony Vaction.rar
(56.36 KiB) Downloaded 202 times
Last edited by Kamer on Tue Jun 29, 2021 4:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

WhiskeyTangoWoodElf

Re: World of Daggerfall (Betony Demo)

Post by WhiskeyTangoWoodElf »

Is there a place where you detail out the mod's features? I love the screenshots I have seen so far.

Kamer

Post by Kamer »

WhiskeyTangoWoodElf wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:35 am Is there a place where you detail out the mod's features? I love the screenshots I have seen so far.
Adds details to the wilderness. Such as rocks and locations for now. This demo touches on Betony. You can find campsites, bandit forts, ruins, and shrines of the regions god/godess. If you have a hard time finding something, try climbing the big rocks and taking a look around. Locations have enemy spawns, and loot. Think of these places as mini exterior dungeons.

Midknightprince

Post by Midknightprince »

Kamer wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:18 pm
Adds details to the wilderness. Such as rocks and locations for now. This demo touches on Betony. You can find campsites, bandit forts, ruins, and shrines of the regions god/godess. If you have a hard time finding something, try climbing the big rocks and taking a look around. Locations have enemy spawns, and loot. Think of these places as mini exterior dungeons.
NEVERMIND......TRYING NOW !!!! :D
Check out my YouTube Channel!

Midknightprince

Post by Midknightprince »

I found the camp by Whiteford (think that's the name), wish I could kill stuff, but as it is I like it.
Prisoners I see prisoners, what else is out there and where is it ?
And it works with all the mods I got so far except Rocks of Daggerfall (forgot to take the stuff out of locations at first).
Check out my YouTube Channel!

Kamer

Post by Kamer »

Midknightprince wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:45 pm I found the camp by Whiteford (think that's the name), wish I could kill stuff, but as it is I like it.
Prisoners I see prisoners, what else is out there and where is it ?
And it works with all the mods I got so far except Rocks of Daggerfall (forgot to take the stuff out of locations at first).
Enemies are random at these places. There is a low chacne for nothing to spawn.

WhiskeyTangoWoodElf

Post by WhiskeyTangoWoodElf »

Kamer wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:18 pm
WhiskeyTangoWoodElf wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:35 am Is there a place where you detail out the mod's features? I love the screenshots I have seen so far.
That is rather dope my dude! Is it procedurally generated or placed by you? What does the density of objects look like? If I was to run in a random direction (tedious travel of course) would I be hitting sites consistently?

What are your plans for a wider Mod roll out? Provence by Provence or the whole bay at once?

Kamer

Re: World of Daggerfall

Post by Kamer »

Adds exterior places of interest in the wilderness, new locations, and dungeon exterior details.

World of Daggerfall is a modified version of Uncanny's New Locations mod. Uncanny is not longer updating New Locations, and I've gotten permission to use the source code anyway I see fit. This meansWorld of Daggerfall is not compatible with New Locations. Even so, any prefabs made with New Locations will still work in this version. WoD is a modified New locations.

Incompatibilities:
New Locations - As stated above.
Distant Terrain - Spawns Locations underground.

show.png
show.png (421.91 KiB) Viewed 4737 times

Version 1.0:
New locations:
-Added The Whitefort Docks to Betony Region
New Wilderness Area's:
-Added around 50 different Location Types to Betony
-Added 1500 locations to Daggerfall (Rock details, Camps, Forts, Ruins, Shrines)

New Dungeon Exterior Detail:
-Added Detail to Privateer's Hold (Objects, loot, enemy spawns)
-Added a crashed ship near Privateer's Hold

Installation:

1. Open the folder that matches your operating system (Windows/OSX/Linux)

2. Copy the "world of daggerfall.dfmod" into your DaggerfallUnity_Data/StreamingAssets/Mods folder

3. Copy the "Locations" folder into your DaggerfallUnity_Data/StreamingAssets/ folder

4. Make sure the mod is enabled

Download Here

Luzur

Post by Luzur »

Any special loading order we should be knowing? after or before any certain mod etc?
"Load the muskets"

carademono

Post by carademono »

I really enjoyed running around the Whitefort docks and exploring for bandit camps. Can't wait for future versions! Any possibility of adding some Dwemer ruins? viewtopic.php?f=14&t=3955