Wilderness Overhaul

Show off your mod creations or just a work in progress.
King of Worms

Re: Wilderness Overhaul

Post by King of Worms »

56-0.PNG to 59-0.PNG are just mirrored version of the original textures.
and the number of the original textures are? What texture I need to flip to get the 56, 57, 58, 59 pls?

Daniel87

Post by Daniel87 »

King of Worms wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 5:38 pm
56-0.PNG to 59-0.PNG are just mirrored version of the original textures.
and the number of the original textures are? What texture I need to flip to get the 56, 57, 58, 59 pls?
Uhm, let me see.

56 was 39, 57 was 42, 58 was 45. The rest I created myself from the original tiles 0,1,2 and 3
In Julianos we Trust.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

and 59? Its hard to see from the images, makes my head spin
EDIT: I see its only 56 57 58 which are flipped - Ok Ive done em all for all climates and terrains but...

Any fast way to create the 45 degrees ones, its painful, one tile takes me like half a hour and Im not sure how well they will tile together, most likely not good :X

Daniel87

Post by Daniel87 »

King of Worms wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 12:02 pm and 59? Its hard to see from the images, makes my head spin
EDIT: I see its only 56 57 58 which are flipped - Ok Ive done em all for all climates and terrains but...

Any fast way to create the 45 degrees ones, its painful, one tile takes me like half a hour and Im not sure how well they will tile together, most likely not good :X
Can you send me the plain tiles you use for Grass, Dirt, Water and Stone?
I can Photoshop them together.

For tiling compatibility, usually I take a texture, cut it in 4 pieces at horizontal and vertical 50%.
Then I take the 4 pieces and exchange them diagonally. This way, I only have to smooth the seams on the inside of the texture, while the outside of the texture will tile perfectly with the neighbouring texture.
In Julianos we Trust.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Hi mate, if you can do it for me, I would be really grateful, I really got a headache yesterday from it.

Thing is, there are 7 terrains :X But maybe u can do it all much more efficient than I can imagine...
Also, the winter set will be quite easy in my case, because the grass stone dirt look the same covered in snow...

What I find a bit strange is, that when I went thru the files its:
0-0 = water
0-1 = dirt
0-2 = grass
0-3 = stone
BUT at the 402 set it appears like dirt, grass, stone are a bit remixed, hopefully its not another Bethesda bug...

I will create the pack now and let u see it, thanks a lot for your time!
Here it is:
https://easyupload.io/4b8gkg

Daniel87

Post by Daniel87 »

King of Worms wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 9:49 am Hi mate, if you can do it for me, I would be really grateful, I really got a headache yesterday from it.

Thing is, there are 7 terrains :X But maybe u can do it all much more efficient than I can imagine...
Also, the winter set will be quite easy in my case, because the grass stone dirt look the same covered in snow...

What I find a bit strange is, that when I went thru the files its:
0-0 = water
0-1 = dirt
0-2 = grass
0-3 = stone
BUT at the 402 set it appears like dirt, grass, stone are a bit remixed, hopefully its not another Bethesda bug...

I will create the pack now and let u see it, thanks a lot for your time!
Here it is:
https://easyupload.io/4b8gkg
As long as grass, dirt, stone and water are consequently shuffled, it should be no problem.
Don't worry, I will do the photoshop for you and send you the pictures. (Have 15 years of experience in PS)

Did you create 59 as well? It is 18 flipped horizontally.

I am sorry, I just realized I told you not all textures I need. I created the missing ones from the following as well:
Can you also send me the following of all climate zones and seasons?:
6-0
7-0
9-0
10-0
13-0
15-0
23-0
In Julianos we Trust.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Hi, thanks a lot for a help!! ;) I will send you all terrain tiles in this pack.
The new flipped tiles are already included there - I did only 56, 57, 58 tho, have not done 59 :X
I think it will be better if you see for yourself :lol:
https://easyupload.io/2dvvg2

Daniel87

Post by Daniel87 »

King of Worms wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 2:36 pm Hi, thanks a lot for a help!! ;) I will send you all terrain tiles in this pack.
The new flipped tiles are already included there - I did only 56, 57, 58 tho, have not done 59 :X
I think it will be better if you see for yourself :lol:
https://easyupload.io/2dvvg2
I spend a couple of hours to create a Photoshop Template for your Mod:

This should make creating textures much easier for you, if you have the necessary basic knowledge in Photoshop. (Layer masks)

Give it a shot and tell me what you think about it. I tried to create more dynamic, better looking gradients between the tile types.
This should allow you to create all and any kind of texture easily. (For now I only made temperate winter and summer. Creating the rest is just copying the layer mask to the different textures. For this, you just need to press Ctrl and click on the layer mask to get its outlines as selection, then you invert the selection and fill it with black.)

I will send you the Photoshop file in a PM

Examples:
In Julianos we Trust.

carademono

Post by carademono »

Hey Daniel, I finally succumbed to my enthusiasm / impatience and built your mod from your Github, but I couldn't get it to work. I just get a black screen whenever I load or start a new game with the dfmod activated. Am I doing something wrong, or should I just simmer down and wait until you make a stable release?

Daniel87

Post by Daniel87 »

carademono wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 5:25 pm Hey Daniel, I finally succumbed to my enthusiasm / impatience and built your mod from your Github, but I couldn't get it to work. I just get a black screen whenever I load or start a new game with the dfmod activated. Am I doing something wrong, or should I just simmer down and wait until you make a stable release?
I am currently experiencing similar problems (I cant even see my built mod).
Hazelnut found a quick work-around. Deactivate fireflies and shooting stars in the mod settings, then it should work.
In Julianos we Trust.