Wilderness Overhaul

Show off your mod creations or just a work in progress.
King of Worms

Re: Wilderness Overhaul

Post by King of Worms »

Yup :) Any update? Even like "its on hold for now"

Daniel87

Post by Daniel87 »

Yup, sorry for not updating for a while. Life started finally catching up with me and motivation dropped significantly with the rise of other game projects in Unity.
I carry the project as a bad conscience with me all the time but was too busy recently. Tomorrow is my wife's birthday and we travel to the mountains to see fireflies and stay in a Hotel for 3 days. After that I should have more time again to bring this project finally to an end. I finished texturing for all biomes and the nature billboards for woodlands and mountains. So overall 75% finished. The rest shouldn't take too long. Just the testing if I exceed the number of billboards anywhere is a painful task, as the formula generating the billboards has grown quite complex.
In Julianos we Trust.

carademono

Post by carademono »

Ha, remember 25 years ago when we all started playing these games and didn't have to worry about our wives' birthdays? Enjoy the trip and definitely don't think about wilderness billboards while you're in the mountains!

Daniel87

Post by Daniel87 »

carademono wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:57 pm Ha, remember 25 years ago when we all started playing these games and didn't have to worry about our wives' birthdays? Enjoy the trip and definitely don't think about wilderness billboards while you're in the mountains!
Thank you!
I try to push in some hours of coding right now before my wife wakes up :D
Set my alarm clock to 5:30 am, so I can get some stuff done in the morning before leaving. Trying to create some fireflys at night for woodlands right now hehe. Let's see how it looks.
In Julianos we Trust.

Daniel87

Post by Daniel87 »

Alright, small update:

If you are lucky, you can see fireflies at night in woodlands any season besides winter.
They are dynamically moving and start appearing one by one after dusk and disappear one by one after dawn.
Spoiler!
In Julianos we Trust.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Man this is awesome, thanks for update! I pray this project does not end up unreleased, its almost ready and really good ideas in there. Enjoy the holidays 😊
Last edited by King of Worms on Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

carademono

Post by carademono »

Freaking awesome.

Daniel87

Post by Daniel87 »

Okay, this is it for today:

Implemented fireflies and shooting stars to give the boring nights in Daggerfall some more magic and atmosphere.
Let me tell you, it feels really great to walk into a forest full of fireflies and seeing the occasional shooting star cross the star sky.
I never imagined that such small changes would have such a profound effect.
Spoiler!

In Julianos we Trust.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Man I have been asking for shooting stars for years :) and you do it just like that.... yes, that something I like immensely :P just make it rare enough, so its a event... not a standard (like you see 100s of stars every night)

Daniel87

Post by Daniel87 »

I can add a setting where you can enter the chance for shooting stars if you like :)

But now I have the problem that fireflies only load in the current MapPixel the player spawns into. I will have to find a way to reload neoghbouring MapPixels, if the player gets closer to them or spawn fireflies in all mappixels but deactivate them until the player gets close, otherwise the performance hit is immens.
In Julianos we Trust.