(Mod) Lives of Raiders - Banditry Events *LOOKING FOR QUEST AUTHORS*

Show off your mod creations or just a work in progress.
Kamer

(Mod) Lives of Raiders - Banditry Events *LOOKING FOR QUEST AUTHORS*

Post by Kamer »

Lives of Raiders

I started a very small side project for criminal characters. To give a bit more to those player types more content, I'm adding random banditry events with this mod.
The big feature of this mod will be the ability to participate in Farm Raids with local outlaws either for personal greed, or being hired by a rival region to raid a local farm.
The aim is to give criminal players more opportunity to commit crime and wreak havoc in the Illiac Bay. Become rich through the underworld or die trying.

Is this a Thieves Guild Quest pack?
No, these bandits and outlaws operate outside of the Thieves Guild. Just a band of outlaws who live life raiding wagon shipments, and villages.
The aim is for criminals not welcomed within city walls. The wanted nomad.

What does it take to be accepted by these outlaws?
Simply lowering your legal reputation will be enough to be considered "accepted" by these criminals.
When the player ranks below -20 legal reputation, and deemed as a Criminal, outlaws of the wilds will
Take notice. Bandits will see you as a possible companion within that region.

Are all bandits passive when you are a criminal?
Just cause some bandits will see you as an ally doesn't mean all others will. This is a group
of cut throats after all. All have their own groups and territory they aim to protect from people
outside of their own criminal connections and groups.

Are the Thieves Guild allied?
While the Thieves Guild aren't allied with these random rogues, they won't care about you participating
in these quests and events. However, these bandits are seen as dangerous to the Guild. If you are in the wrong
territory, a turf war may break out between the guild and other bandit parties. Don't want trouble with the TG?
Don't participate in operations invading their territory or business.

Can I create and donate quests to this mod?
YES! I'm only one person, the more I can have creating these unique quests, the more I can focus on coding
and adding the cooler features.

A Farm Raid in Progress
Spoiler!

l3lessed

Re: (Mod) Lives of Raiders - Banditry Events *LOOKING FOR QUEST AUTHORS*

Post by l3lessed »

Love this idea. It could be shoe horned later into regional crime/war/treason mechanics and mod, like originally discussed in the demo days of the game. I don't know anything about the quest system yet myself and have enough mod work, but I give this a big thumbs up and hope someone can assist.
My Daggerfall Mod Github: l3lessed DFU Mod Github

My Beth Mods: l3lessed Nexus Page

Daggerfall Unity mods: Combat Overhaul Mod

Enjoy the free work I'm doing? Consider lending your support.

Kamer

Post by Kamer »

l3lessed wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 7:58 pm Love this idea. It could be shoe horned later into regional crime/war/treason mechanics and mod, like originally discussed in the demo days of the game. I don't know anything about the quest system yet myself and have enough mod work, but I give this a big thumbs up and hope someone can assist.
This will be a mix of quests/C#. I will be using certain things such as crime waves as well within cities.

imsobadatnicknames

Post by imsobadatnicknames »

This looks like it could pair up pretty well with my own banditry mod, since in my mod robbing people on the road lowers your legal rep, if they have both mods installed they could start out by ambushing random travellers and merchants on the roads until they catch the eye of this criminal organization and then move on to do full-on raids.

this idea looks REALLY cool. What kind of quests are you looking fro from quest authors? Are the raids themselves gonna be handled through quests (like the sieges in Warm Ashes) or through C#? I kinda wanna contribute to this (probably not rn since I need a couple weeks to deal with some irl stuff, but as soon as I'm free I definitely want to contribute)
Released mods: https://www.nexusmods.com/users/5141135 ... files&BH=0
Daggerfall isn't the only ridiculously intrincate fantasy world simulator with the initials DF that I make mods for: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177071.0

Kamer

Post by Kamer »

imsobadatnicknames wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 9:30 pm This looks like it could pair up pretty well with my own banditry mod, since in my mod robbing people on the road lowers your legal rep, if they have both mods installed they could start out by ambushing random travellers and merchants on the roads until they catch the eye of this criminal organization and then move on to do full-on raids.

this idea looks REALLY cool. What kind of quests are you looking fro from quest authors? Are the raids themselves gonna be handled through quests (like the sieges in Warm Ashes) or through C#? I kinda wanna contribute to this (probably not rn since I need a couple weeks to deal with some irl stuff, but as soon as I'm free I definitely want to contribute)
Farm Raids will be done with C#. Everything else will be quests, but being started with C# scripts. Basically think of this as the basis for a future Siege mod I want to do.

Quests I want to be what you might not find in a typical Thieves Guild, more dangerous and more rewarding.

Some quests I plan on writing myself:

-Caravan Robbing
-Bank Robbing
-Smuggling Drugs through City gates
-Fighting rival bandits or thieves guild members in turf wars (Think of this as a mini siege)
-Kidnapping a noble and keeping them held at a dungeon for ransom

Regnier

Post by Regnier »

It would be cool if this guild was the cause of a lot of the problems the other guilds hire for.

We steal the ring and hide out in caves until it blows over.

We swiped some research notes on the way to Penbrugh.

We let those rats into the mayors house to send a message.

Kamer

Post by Kamer »

Regnier wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 1:04 am It would be cool if this guild was the cause of a lot of the problems the other guilds hire for.

We steal the ring and hide out in caves until it blows over.

We swiped some research notes on the way to Penbrugh.

We let those rats into the mayors house to send a message.
Thats the idea!

Kamer

Post by Kamer »

Spoiler!

Prepping for a release for farm raiding. Bandit units include horse riders however, they will be disabled if a texture replacement is used. Thinking of adding something else later to have them replaced by.

When a player enters a farm there is a chance that farm is to be raided. Depending on reputation, your side will be dependent on how the region sees you. If you are a known criminal, you will be with the bandit forces.

You do not have to participate in these raids, however they will continue without you. Do your business and get the hell out, or you might find the Farm you are at fall to ruin. You'll be updated periodically if a set of units are depleted. If all of the farm guardsmen have been killed, the raid ends and the farm will be destroyed. (Not permanently) If the bandits are taken out first then the farm will be saved. Right now I am in the process of writing a quest to reward the player and give text according to what is happening. I'm also adding random chances of other types of raids like orc raids and giant raids but they will be smaller events and not well organized as the bandits will be.

Kamer

Post by Kamer »

Showcase of how Bandit Raids work right now.
Spoiler!

reaven

Post by reaven »

Looks awesome :)