[Mod] Uncannys Always Hit

Show off your mod creations or just a work in progress.
Uncanny_Valley

[Mod] Uncannys Always Hit

Post by Uncanny_Valley »

Mod: Uncannys Always Hit
Mod Version: 1.0
Mod Creator: Uncanny

This mod makes it so that the player and enemies now have a 100% hit chance, but the formula for hitting will still be used to determine the amount of damage done. A "miss" will do 1 damage instead of just swinging through the target.

All attributes and skills related to hit and dodging, as well as armor are still just as useful as before and keeps combat close to the vanilla experience.

As for materials, if your weapon is ineffective against an enemy it will still do 1 damage per hit. So it is possible for you to defeat an enemy with a weapon that has an ineffective material against it, but it's a lot more difficult.

Download Link:
https://www.nexusmods.com/daggerfallunity/mods/171

Version 1.1
  • *Fix issue with DFU version 11.4
Version 1.0
  • *Inital release
Last edited by Uncanny_Valley on Mon Aug 16, 2021 4:59 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Kamer

Re: [Mod] Uncannys Always Hit

Post by Kamer »

Was wondering when this was gonna be updated. I know I've seen it before. Thanks!

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

So... what's the difference between this and Harderfall?

Rand

Post by Rand »

I would assume that it's this factor:
From the Harderfall description: "Weapon skills and the dodging skill are useless now, except for ranking up in a guild"

Uncanny_Valley

Post by Uncanny_Valley »

Ralzar wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 8:53 pm So... what's the difference between this and Harderfall?
Rand wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 8:57 pm I would assume that it's this factor:
From the Harderfall description: "Weapon skills and the dodging skill are useless now, except for ranking up in a guild"
This also keeps armor useful. As well as everything else.

Not sure exactly Harderfall handles weapons materials. But with this mod, it is possible for you to defeat enemies with a weapon that has an ineffective material against it, but it's a lot more difficult since each of your attack can only do 1 damage per hit in that case.

l3lessed

Post by l3lessed »

I love this; little more detailed and practical than hardfall. I'll ensure there are patches for my mods, and I will recommend shield and ambidexterity mod users download and use this with them.
My Daggerfall Mod Github: l3lessed DFU Mod Github

My Beth Mods: l3lessed Nexus Page

Daggerfall Unity mods: Combat Overhaul Mod

Enjoy the free work I'm doing? Consider lending your support.

Uncanny_Valley

Post by Uncanny_Valley »

Mod updated to version 1.1.

l3lessed

Post by l3lessed »

This mod needs patches to work with Physical Combat & Armor Overhaul. They hit the same formula.

l3lessed

Post by l3lessed »

Any mod that overrides the based formula calculation script that contains the main combat calculation formulas will need patched when loaded with another mod that overrides that same formula calculation scripts. This will be where patching will get complicated as more and more mods create their own custom formulas and override the base script file to do what they want; at that point, load order will take priority over which mods formula script wins the override at the end, and if not patched, will create mod conflicts and probably crashes/breaking.

I already had to build a custom formula script for Physical Combat & Armor Overhaul for my shield and combat mods; I took their formula script file, added my modifications into it, saved it as its own .cs script file within my compiled mod, then when my mod loads, it detects if Combat overhaul is installed/enabled, and if so, it loads the patched formula .cs script file, instead of my base one for my mods. This method is the nicest for the other mod developer, as you're doing all the patching for them, but it requires the other mod developer to provide their formula override script code.

Just keep this in mind when developing mods if you want max compatibility. Either you or the mod needing a patch's creator will need to create a custom formula script that integrates both changes from both mods, and at times, this may even require having to trade off features of mods.