[MOD] Stealthy Thief Quests

Show off your mod creations or just a work in progress.
imsobadatnicknames

[MOD] Stealthy Thief Quests

Post by imsobadatnicknames »

Something that always kinda bugged me about the Thieves Guild in Daggerfall is that doing their quests rarely makes me feel like a sneaky thief. More often than not, their quests boil down to walking into a building, finding an item, and fighting whoever's guarding it, and it feels like my thief skills don't have any relevance to my success. So I decided to edit some of the vanilla Thieves Guild quests to make it so that the player's Stealth skill affects their outcome.

Quests changed:
Spoiler!
The Qualifying Examination: Random chance (affected by your Stealth skill) that you won't be heard when entering the house, giving you 5-20 extra in-game minutes before you're discovered and the hostile mages start spawning.
Antique Ivory: Random chance (affected by your Stealth skill) that you won't be heard when entering the house, giving you 5-20 extra in-game minutes before you're discovered and the guards start spawning.
A temple Visit Random chance (affected by your Stealth skill) that you won't be seen when taking the item, causing the guardian not to spawn.
Valuable Artwork: Random chance (affected by your Stealth skill) that you won't be heard when entering the house, causing the guardian inside not to spawn.
Jewelry heist: Random chance (affected by your Stealth skill) that you won't be heard when entering the house, giving you 5-20 extra in-game minutes before you're discovered and the guard spawns.
The Noble's Jewelry: Random chance (affected by your Stealth skill) that you won't be heard when entering the palace, giving you 5-20 extra in-game minutes before you're discovered and the guards start spawning.
A Prized Item: Random chance (affected by your Stealth skill) that you won't be heard when entering the house, causing the guardian inside not to spawn.
Valuable Pages: Random chance (affected by your Stealth skill) that you won't be heard when entering the house, causing the guardian inside not to spawn.
A Prized Herb: Random chance (affected by your Stealth skill) that you won't be heard when entering the house, causing the guardian inside not to spawn.
The Rich Merchant: Random chance (affected by your Stealth skill) that you won't be heard when entering the store, causing the guardian inside not to spawn.
A Tresured Potion: Random chance (affected by your Stealth skill) that you won't be heard when entering the apothecary, causing the guardian inside not to spawn.
The way your Stealth skill affects the chances previously mentioned is the following:
0-9: You will always get caught
10-19: 10% chance of not getting caught
20-29: 20% chance of not getting caught
30-39: 30% chance of not getting caught
40-49: 40% chance of not getting caught
50-59: 50% chance of not getting caught
60-69: 60% chance of not getting caught
70-79: 70% chance of not getting caught
80-89: 80% chance of not getting caught
90-100: 90% chance of not getting caught

Installation:
1. Back up your /StreamingAssets/Quests folder in case you wanna uninstall this mod later.
2. Unzip file inside StreamingAssets. Overwrite the old quest files.

Uninstallation:
Overwrite these files with your backup of the /StreamingAssest/Quests folder.

Nexus Link: https://www.nexusmods.com/daggerfallunity/mods/180/
Attachments
Stealthy quests.rar
(22.1 KiB) Downloaded 80 times
Released mods: https://www.nexusmods.com/users/5141135 ... files&BH=0
Daggerfall isn't the only ridiculously intrincate fantasy world simulator with the initials DF that I make mods for: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177071.0

Kzer-Za

Re: [MOD] Stealthy Thief Quests

Post by Kzer-Za »

Sounds like a great idea! But maybe you could allow the player a way to achieve 100% probability of not being caught? It may be argued, that it's not very realistic, but on the other hand it's very "roleplaying" for very stealthy characters :)