[MOD] Quest Offer Locations

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Macadaynu

[MOD] Quest Offer Locations

Post by Macadaynu »

When receiving a quest offer, this mod will display the quest location and how long it will take to get there.

This means you don't have to accept a quest if it's too far away, this is especially handy if you disable all fast travel.

This can work in conjunction with the Travel Options mod, where if you disable the fast travel options, it will give you the time to get to the location in hours and minutes (just like in the Travel Options mod)

Demo here:
Last edited by Macadaynu on Sun Jun 06, 2021 1:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.

mushr00m3717

Re: [MOD] Quest Offer Locations

Post by mushr00m3717 »

Yes, it would be very helpful with such a feature. :D

Daniel87

Post by Daniel87 »

Thank you, I rarely finished quests as the distance was not part of the deal. Finally!
In Julianos we Trust.

FoldedDice

Post by FoldedDice »

This would fix a major frustration of mine. In this vanilla game this matters very little, but in a playthrough where fast travel has been modded out it becomes very useful to know how far away a quest location is before accepting.

Out of curiosity, is this feature being hard-inserted into the default quests, or are modded quests compatible out of the box as well? I'd say that would have a big impact on people interest in it.

Macadaynu

Post by Macadaynu »

FoldedDice wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 2:57 pm This would fix a major frustration of mine. In this vanilla game this matters very little, but in a playthrough where fast travel has been modded out it becomes very useful to know how far away a quest location is before accepting.

Out of curiosity, is this feature being hard-inserted into the default quests, or are modded quests compatible out of the box as well? I'd say that would have a big impact on people interest in it.
This should work out of the box, it's just a replacement for the quest offer popups, so as long as the quest mods are using that, it should work.

Jarlyjarljarl

Post by Jarlyjarljarl »

This is something I consider essential and will be waiting for it with great anticipation.

Jarlyjarljarl

Post by Jarlyjarljarl »

Any updates on this?

Macadaynu

Post by Macadaynu »

Jarlyjarljarl wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 5:09 pm Any updates on this?
My free time is quite limited at the moment but I'll be picking this one up again as soon as I get the chance

Thanks

Macadaynu

Post by Macadaynu »

Hi I've picked this up again and am ready to get a release sorted, but I need the protection levels for a few fields modifying. Could anyone help me with this please?

The fields are as follows:

DaggerfallGuildServicePopUpWindow:
IGuild guild; (to be made protected)
List<QuestData> questPool; (to be made protected)
OfferQuest(); (to be made a virtual method)

DaggerfallQuestOfferWindow:
StaticNPC.NPCData questorNPC; (to be made protected)
FactionFile.SocialGroups socialGroup; (to be made protected)

Macadaynu

Post by Macadaynu »

Version 0.1.0 released on Nexus here:

https://www.nexusmods.com/daggerfalluni ... escription

Could someone move this topic into the released mod section please?