[MOD] Hotkey Bar

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Macadaynu

[MOD] Hotkey Bar

Post by Macadaynu »

I added a hotkey bar similar to what you see in a lot of modern RPGs. This cuts down a lot of menu hopping, especially with varied builds.

This currently works with weapons, potions, spells and most other items.

The UI is completely optional, you can just press 0 to toggle the settings on and off. Thinking about adding a gameplay mode, where you can only open your inventory or spellbook window outside of combat. That would give a more strategic feel, as you have to make sure your hotkey loadout is ready before combat.

You can map the hotkeys by hovering over an item (or selecting the spell from the spellbook), and pressing keys between 1-9.

Last edited by Macadaynu on Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:13 am, edited 6 times in total.

Daniel87

Re: [MOD] HotKey Bar

Post by Daniel87 »

Absolutely great idea! This will increase playability manifold! Keep up the good work, I really love it!

Btw would it be possible to hide the bar when weapons are not drawn below the bottom edge off screen? That would be neat :)
In Julianos we Trust.

pango

Post by pango »

That's great, something I hope for for a long time, glad to see somebody working on some implementation :)
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

Macadaynu

Post by Macadaynu »

Daniel87 wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:32 pm Absolutely great idea! This will increase playability manifold! Keep up the good work, I really love it!

Btw would it be possible to hide the bar when weapons are not drawn below the bottom edge off screen? That would be neat :)
Hi Thanks!

Yeah that would be possible, I'm thinking of adding config options for that type of thing, so the user can decide as I bet people would want this to be handled differently depending on player preference. Also maybe an assigned button so you can show/hide the bar at will.

Really liking the look of your wilderness overhaul mod by the way, will definitely be trying that when that becomes available :D

Daniel87

Post by Daniel87 »

Thank you! Looking forward to playing with your mod and continue work on mine :)
In Julianos we Trust.

Macadaynu

Post by Macadaynu »

pango wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:37 pm That's great, something I hope for for a long time, glad to see somebody working on some implementation :)
Thanks pango!

I'm going to pick this up again soon when I get some spare time

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Excellent mod!

Underking

Post by Underking »

Absolutely glorious! I wanted to take a look at how to do that once I was done with my current mod ideas, I'm so glad you did it first :lol: . I'm really eager to play with that mod! Do you think it would be possible to have a less intrusive UI the way skyrim does with player's favorite items (Some kind of popup where all your favorites are listed)? Anyway, the way you currently display it is also very interesting, not gonna lie :) .

Macadaynu

Post by Macadaynu »

King of Worms wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 12:30 pm Excellent mod!
Thanks! Should be able to carry on working on this soon, life is busy at the moment :)

Macadaynu

Post by Macadaynu »

Underking wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 1:21 pm Absolutely glorious! I wanted to take a look at how to do that once I was done with my current mod ideas, I'm so glad you did it first :lol: . I'm really eager to play with that mod! Do you think it would be possible to have a less intrusive UI the way skyrim does with player's favorite items (Some kind of popup where all your favorites are listed)? Anyway, the way you currently display it is also very interesting, not gonna lie :) .
It would be possible to do something like that sure, I was going for what you see in a lot of CRPGs (Divinity/Diablo etc).
I think it will become a lot less intrusive when those config options are implemented, like making it smaller, having an assigned button to show / hide everything, or just completely hiding it altogether.

For now I wanted to focus on functionality and usability, making it look pretty can come later :lol:

I'll be picking this up again soon, when precious spare time becomes available

Thanks for the feedback!