Just some new 2D/3D ideas and proposals

Show off your mod creations or just a work in progress.
VMblast

Re: Just some new 2D/3D ideas and proposals

Post by VMblast »

Interkarma wrote:Oh wow that looks incredible. Nice work Vlad!
Cheers. ;)

Guys, I would really appreciate some suggestions, what is the best graphics priority work for this project. I mean if making of new models is out of the question for now and also flora models (trees etc), what than? What is the best cause and next step for the graphics assignment?

I need to know this so I can better organize myself and my time.

PS -also you dont have possibility to make polls on this forum. :P

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

VMblast wrote: Guys, I would really appreciate some suggestions, what is the best graphics priority work for this project. I mean if making of new models is out of the question for now and also flora models (trees etc), what than? What is the best cause and next step for the graphics assignment?
Daggerfall splits interior and exterior textures into different swap-capable "banks" (e.g. Ruins, Castle, CityA, CityB). These are loaded at runtime based on climate and season. One way to organise things would be to work through these banks one at a time, as they have the most overall visible impact on what a player sees when exploring the world.

These swap-capable banks are below. The number is simply the base archive number. For example, Exterior_Ruins=7 is referring to TEXTURE.007. To find other banks in the Exterior_Ruins set, add +000 for desert, +100 for mountain, +300 for woodland/temperate, and +400 for swamp. Then add +000 for sunny and +001 for snow set.

A couple of sets have sunny/snow swapped, or are missing one swap entirely. The code handles this internally so you only need to worry about swapping what you can see in Daggerfall Imaging 2.

Code: Select all

// General sets
Misc = 46,

// Terrain sets
Exterior_Terrain = 2,

// Exterior sets
Exterior_Ruins = 7,
Exterior_Ruins_2 = 8,
Exterior_Castle = 9,
Exterior_Castle_Snow = 10,
Exterior_CityA = 12,
Exterior_CityA_Snow = 13,
Exterior_CityB = 14,
Exterior_CityB_Snow = 15,
Exterior_CityWalls = 17,
Exterior_CityWalls_Snow = 18,
Exterior_Farm = 26,
Exterior_Farm_Snow = 27,
Exterior_Fences = 29,
Exterior_Fences_Snow = 30,
Exterior_MagesGuild = 35,
Exterior_MagesGuild_Snow = 36,
Exterior_Manor = 38,
Exterior_Manor_Snow = 39,
Exterior_MerchantHomes = 42,
Exterior_MerchantHomes_Snow = 43,
Exterior_TavernExteriors = 58,
Exterior_TavernExteriors_Snow = 59,
Exterior_TempleExteriors = 61,
Exterior_TempleExteriors_Snow = 62,
Exterior_Village = 64,
Exterior_Village_Snow = 65,
Exterior_Roofs = 69,
Exterior_Roofs_Snow = 70,
Exterior_CitySpec = 79,
Exterior_CitySpec_Snow = 80,
Exterior_CitySpecB = 82,
Exterior_CitySpecB_Snow = 83,

// Exterior misc (no climate variant)
Exterior_Hedges = 33,
Exterior_MiscWoodPlanks = 67,
Exterior_Doors = 74,
Exterior_BaseTextures = 85,
Exterior_Wagon = 88,
Exterior_BarnInterior = 171,     // Used on underside of city roofs
Exterior_Barn = 171,
Exterior_Barn_Snow = 172,

// Interior sets
Interior_CastleInt = 11,
Interior_CityInt = 16,
Interior_CryptA = 19,
Interior_CryptB = 20,
Interior_DungeonsA = 22,
Interior_DungeonsB = 23,
Interior_DungeonsC = 24,
Interior_DungeonsNEWCs = 25,
Interior_FarmInt = 28,
Interior_MagesGuildInt = 37,
Interior_ManorInt = 40,
Interior_MarbleFloors = 41,
Interior_MerchantHomesInt = 44,
Interior_Mines = 45,
Interior_Caves = 47,
Interior_Paintings = 48,
Interior_TavernInt = 60,
Interior_TempleInt = 63,
Interior_VillageInt = 66,
Interior_Sewer = 68,
Interior_MiscFurniture = 90,

// Nature sets
Nature_RainForest = 500,
Nature_SubTropical = 501,
Nature_Swamp = 502,
Nature_Desert = 503,
Nature_TemperateWoodland = 504,
Nature_TemperateWoodland_Snow = 505,
Nature_WoodlandHills = 506,
Nature_WoodlandHills_Snow = 507,
Nature_HauntedWoodlands = 508,
Nature_HauntedWoodlands_Snow = 509,
Nature_Mountains = 510,
Nature_Mountains_Snow = 511,
There are obviously many other textures, but these banks make up approx. 80-90% of what player sees in the world. I hope that gives one way to scope out and subdivide work. :)
VMblast wrote: PS -also you dont have possibility to make polls on this forum. :P
In PHPBB, you can make polls as part of creating a new topic. Hit the "poll creation" tab below the draft/preview/submit buttons in your new topic.

VMblast

Post by VMblast »

Interkarma wrote:
VMblast wrote: Guys, I would really appreciate some suggestions, what is the best graphics priority work for this project. I mean if making of new models is out of the question for now and also flora models (trees etc), what than? What is the best cause and next step for the graphics assignment?
Daggerfall splits interior and exterior textures into different swap-capable "banks" (e.g. Ruins, Castle, CityA, CityB). These are loaded at runtime based on climate and season. One way to organise things would be to work through these banks one at a time, as they have the most overall visible impact on what a player sees when exploring the world.

These swap-capable banks are below. The number is simply the base archive number. For example, Exterior_Ruins=7 is referring to TEXTURE.007. To find other banks in the Exterior_Ruins set, add +000 for desert, +100 for mountain, +300 for woodland/temperate, and +400 for swamp. Then add +000 for sunny and +001 for snow set.

A couple of sets have sunny/snow swapped, or are missing one swap entirely. The code handles this internally so you only need to worry about swapping what you can see in Daggerfall Imaging 2.
Ok thanks. Ill try to go with this. Ill Probably continue with this texture painting for interiors/exteriors as I did with the Tavern textures.

Btw, Dave one question. Is it possible to change overall lights settings for the interior...and to add some new ones? The reason Im asking is that I would make suggestion to change color and intensity of lamp lights for the interiors. Also to ad one new point light in front of the fireplace model. As you can see in my tests I made those small changes and it looks a bit more interesting....well at least when differed is turned on in the camera. :P

Funny stuff
Truly romantic settings :) :P
Tavern_Int_34.jpg
Tavern_Int_34.jpg (137.44 KiB) Viewed 3841 times
Tavern warm hospitality.
Tavern_Int_36.jpg
Tavern_Int_36.jpg (122.62 KiB) Viewed 3840 times

VMblast

Post by VMblast »

Finally Im happy with the stone floor tiles and Ill lock it down for now. You can update the archive with this one.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1vHJ ... nhPYWVvYkk

PS -I cant upload any more images for some reason...says something about quota filled....

Nystul

Post by Nystul »

The intensity and color of lights is tuned for floor reflections so that they do not look out of place.

Since lights properties are shared between lights of different buildings and building types we need to be careful when changing them.

So changing a certain type of (lamp) light might look good in one interior it might completely break a different interior

jman0war

Post by jman0war »

Fireplace light is a nice touch.
But it would probably require a script to place the x point light in front of x objectid
Find my Vibrant Terrain Flats mod at Nexusmods: https://www.nexusmods.com/daggerfalluni ... ?tab=files

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Wow, some screens in this thread really are incredible! Awesome!! The textures fit like they were always there, and the lightning - esp the darker lamp/fireplace lit setting - is just marvelous :o Holy mother...

VMblast

Post by VMblast »

Interior doors (0-0) finished.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1vHJ ... VExaWdJbWs

PS -again note that I cant upload anymore images. :P

NikitaTheTanner

Post by NikitaTheTanner »

Door looks cool! I can't believe the amount of detail you put into these hand-drawn textures, must be a ton of work :)

If you can't upload screenshots, try using http://imgur.com/. Very easy to upload files there and once they are uploaded, click "Get Share Links" in the dropdown menu and copy "BBCode (Forums)"

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

VMblast wrote: PS -I cant upload any more images for some reason...says something about quota filled....
I've increased the board's attachment quota, you should be able to attach images again now. :)

It might still be worth looking into an external image site like imgur as Nikita suggests. This will give you a lot more control over your image size, etc. PHPBB has fairly weak attachment capabilities for image-heavy posts.