Just some new 2D/3D ideas and proposals

Show off your mod creations or just a work in progress.
TheLacus

Re: Just some new 2D/3D ideas and proposals

Post by TheLacus »

Great work :)
VMblast, i suggest you to do the textures inside archive 067, they are used on almost all wood models around daggerfall.

VMblast

Post by VMblast »

Arl wrote:As a curiosity, that lion head is the same used in a Doom texture (and maybe some other games of the era), some time ago one Doomworld user found the source images from most of the Doom's faces appearing in some textures. Probably Daggerfall just took images from the same book, it's called Nightmares in the Sky: Gargoyles and Grotesques.
Actually that helped a lot! Thanks :)

TheLacus wrote:VMblast, i suggest you to do the textures inside archive 067, they are used on almost all wood models around daggerfall.
Thanks for the suggestion. Ill do this texture set next, after I finish mages guild interior set.

Low
TEXTURE.337_1_0_512.jpg
TEXTURE.337_1_0_512.jpg (92.21 KiB) Viewed 2920 times
Full
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1vHJ ... zBIY3NHRXc

jman0war

Post by jman0war »

Amazing. Really nice work on the lion.
Find my Vibrant Terrain Flats mod at Nexusmods: https://www.nexusmods.com/daggerfalluni ... ?tab=files

Arl

Post by Arl »

Just awesome, I knew you could make the best of it.
My Deviantart page, I have some Daggerfall stuff in there.

Narf the Mouse

Post by Narf the Mouse »

This is excellent.
Previous experience tells me it's very easy to misunderstand the tone, intent, or meaning of what I've posted. If you have questions, ask.

LypyL

Post by LypyL »

Agreed, it's just beautiful :cry: :) . It's exciting seeing all this great art work being done by forum members...I've said it before, but I can't wait to see all this in the game in the future.

NikitaTheTanner

Post by NikitaTheTanner »

The texture is indeed awesome! But I keep wondering, that maybe we can go with something like this:

Sorry for the poor quality, just an example :roll: What do you think?

Biboran

Post by Biboran »

Daedric language is awesome, but at now better keep it all like original.
Daggerfall universe is a little bit different, and changing stuff like there may be only as separate mod. Because changing letters to more modern lore be same level as mod that remove daedra summoners from temples add talos :D

NikitaTheTanner

Post by NikitaTheTanner »

I am not so sure about it. While Daggefall lore is indeed different and less detailed yet, I don't think edits like these really violate anything. The original runes were just random and had no meaning behind them, they were just a decoration. Plus, a really low res one, that you couldn't even see much.

I don't think that changing big things is a good idea, but in this case, do not see the harm. Especially, considering that it doesn't remove anything, only adds to the game. I am not a purist, though, and maybe I am missing something.

VMblast

Post by VMblast »

^ I am unbiased on this subject and can paint in what ever you decide. So, a little bit more discussion on this would be great. Talk, say your opinions and suggestion and after collective decision Ill redo textures or will keep going as it is.

PS -please dont take this too long as I want to finish guild texture set as soon as possible. ;)