Just some new 2D/3D ideas and proposals

Show off your mod creations or just a work in progress.
TheLacus

Re: Just some new 2D/3D ideas and proposals

Post by TheLacus »

Great work, this is awesome :)
I can confirm what Interkarma said but i see you managed to do it already.

VMblast

Post by VMblast »

Cheers guys. :)

Next stop, flora 3D models. ;)

One question tho, does anyone have an answer to this -is it possible and necessary for the 3D models for this project to have LODs? I need to know this, so I can better prepare for production.

NikitaTheTanner

Post by NikitaTheTanner »

I don't think it's either necessary or possible at this point, but in the long run, I suspect we really need them. You don't need to do them by any means, but if we had them, maybe we can find a way to include them later down the road.

VMblast

Post by VMblast »

NikitaTheTanner wrote:I don't think it's either necessary or possible at this point, but in the long run, I suspect we really need them. You don't need to do them by any means, but if we had them, maybe we can find a way to include them later down the road.
Well, my initial thought for the tree model was -for it to work ingame, youll need at least 2 LODs. LOD0(original model) and LOD1(tree card, or sprite), for long distance. Also my optimum solution was to have mid LOD as well. Im afraid that with what ever low poly model you have, with only one LOD, youll clutter the CPU/GPU, very fast.

The original trees are cards/sprites and nothing can compare with count of 1 quad or 2 triangles. :P

TheLacus

Post by TheLacus »

VMblast wrote:Cheers guys. :)

One question tho, does anyone have an answer to this -is it possible and necessary for the 3D models for this project to have LODs? I need to know this, so I can better prepare for production.
LOD will surely be a necessity when we will be able to replace nature flats outside fixed towns, but i don't have any detail to share at this point. 3d trees is something i would love to see in the future but maybe is better to do textures and other models first since we can have them in game now. You can do how you feel more confortable, i'm just saying that i don't know when we are going to have the model flora completely implemented ;)

VMblast

Post by VMblast »

TheLacus wrote:
VMblast wrote:Cheers guys. :)

LOD will surely be a necessity when we will be able to replace nature flats outside fixed towns, but i don't have any detail to share at this point. 3d trees is something i would love to see in the future but maybe is better to do textures and other models first since we can have them in game now. You can do how you feel more confortable, i'm just saying that i don't know when we are going to have the model flora completely implemented ;)

Hmm...ok, but I need some suggestions from you guys. What would be best option for next the work? What is the graphical priority?

...Or should we make some pole or something? ;)

Arl

Post by Arl »

Great textures indeed, I think that with normal and specular maps those textures would achieve outstanding visual glamour for DFU.
My Deviantart page, I have some Daggerfall stuff in there.

jman0war

Post by jman0war »

NikitaTheTanner wrote:Really awesome! Can't wait to see more of what you can do :D
https://vimeo.com/163174647

It's neat stuff.
I'd play that game 8-)
Find my Vibrant Terrain Flats mod at Nexusmods: https://www.nexusmods.com/daggerfalluni ... ?tab=files

VMblast

Post by VMblast »

I was messing with the textures a bit to include tile with the window, just for a test purposes. Quite funny and interesting results. Also Ive changed camera render mode to Differed. It gave a lot better visual aesthetic and lights performance, but Im afraid its a bit taxing onto GPU due to all shadows turned ON. Also did some tweaking on interior lights (oli lamps) and moved light color more towards yellow-orange spectrum, as it should be with all burning lights (candles, oil lamps, fire etc.). They need to have much warmer tone.
Tavern_Int_13.png
Tavern_Int_13.png (849.54 KiB) Viewed 4695 times
Tavern_Int_14.png
Tavern_Int_14.png (846.98 KiB) Viewed 4695 times
Tavern_Int_15.png
Tavern_Int_15.png (851.81 KiB) Viewed 4695 times

VMblast

Post by VMblast »

Tavern_Int_16.png
Tavern_Int_16.png (881.54 KiB) Viewed 4694 times
Tavern_Int_17.png