[MOD] l3lessed Enchanted Compass

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
cloudydaggerfall

Re: l3lessed Enchanted Compass

Post by cloudydaggerfall »

Thanks again, before you dive to deep let me try the new update that your posting. With large games a few tweaks of code somewhere else can effect all sorts stuff.

cloudydaggerfall

And as far as recreating the bug, Im doing a new game. When I load a save that didn't have this mod originally the towns break as well. When I do a new game the towns work just fine.

l3lessed

Post by l3lessed »

Well, that last issue is a incompatibility between mod versions. The old game is probably running an older version, so it breaks trying to access things not there.

Try uninstalling the mod completely. Open the save. Resave. Reinstall the new mod version. And load save.
My Daggerfall Mod Github: l3lessed DFU Mod Github

My Beth Mods: l3lessed Nexus Page

Daggerfall Unity mods: Combat Overhaul Mod

Enjoy the free work I'm doing? Consider lending your support.

cloudydaggerfall

Tried and still have the same issue. Let's try again with the new update and see if that fixes.

cloudydaggerfall

Been messing with it. Could our culprit be the Archeologist guild mods? It has a feature that has quest marker for your quest could that be messing with this mod? Personally I prefer this mod if so. I've tried uninstalling this guild mod but haven't gotten mini map to work still. Maybe I'm not uninstalling correctly?

l3lessed

Post by l3lessed »

I imagine, yes..
Last edited by l3lessed on Sat Aug 21, 2021 8:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.

cloudydaggerfall

https://www.nexusmods.com/daggerfallunity/mods/14
This is where I downloaded it. I installed via Vortex.
I do prefer your mod so if I have to choose I just got to figure out how to uninstall archeologists. What about trying the new version you still planning on releasing soon?

l3lessed

Post by l3lessed »

When I have time, I'll load it up and see if I can provide a patch.

I imagine it is the quest marker in dungeons created by that mod. My minimap camera is probably trying to render it and can't since it is doing a flattened top down view

cloudydaggerfall

Thank you so much, as far as spending a lot of time, It might be easier just to uninstall Archeology. The problem is I uninstall it from vortex but Im still getting the bug, which means there is some files being left behind and I need to delete manually. However Archeology is a popular mod so you might want a patch anyways so there is that.

edit: I'm having troubles figuring out what to delete to manually uninstall Archeology. As far as I can tell it's uninstalled but the bug is still here. I think it changes DF Unity's files so you can't just uninstall. So you think it's a patch that needs to be for this? Ill wait then, I was hoping for a magical fix with a new update. Thank you again, Ill try with Archeology page to see if I can get some help uninstalling.

edit 2: I contact the author for Archeologist mod and he says Im uninstalling correctly so it might not be a conflict between mods after all, Ill keep digging and thank you again for your help.

cloudydaggerfall

Here is my save inside the first dungeon by the exit.

edit: The bug seems to have changed. Now if I load a save that allready mapped the dungeon the vanilla map works fine. When I do a new game the dungeon map isn't drawing and the mini map doesn't work. This is with a complete reinstall of DF Unity including deleting mods and setting files in AppData folder.
Attachments
SAVE1.7z
(232.61 KiB) Downloaded 39 times