[MOD] l3lessed Enchanted Compass

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
cloudydaggerfall

Re: l3lessed Enchanted Compass

Post by cloudydaggerfall »

What about the bug I'm experiencing. Do you know of any DF Unity options that conflict with your mod. I'm a mental disabled man and this mod I need to play. I only had your mod installed and the dungeon map broke. That is why I think it may be an DF Unity option that is conflicting with it. I tried turning of small dungeons and it still is broke. Im using the GOG version of DF and the most updated version of DF Unity. Other mods work just not this one. And by braking I mean the dungeon map don't exists. Both the mini map and when you hit M to go to the vanilla map are broke.

l3lessed

Post by l3lessed »

I'm happy to see this mod may help more people access and play this game than before; I'm sorry you're having an issue. I can't tell you what it is without a debug log to see what error is crashing it. It probably is a null error, and it could be an issue with the minimap mod itself. I haven't done a ton of play testing with it.

Do you know how to grab the debug log? Could you do that and paste it here for me?

In windows, it will be in this directory. "C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\LocalLow\Daggerfall Workshop\Daggerfall Unity" and labelled player.log.

It might be the GOG version of Daggerfall. I don't use this version to run DFU. I use the default free base version provided on the install forum thread.

I found this about the GOG version; it is old post, but it is claiming gog version is riddled with bugs. The GOG version may be changing some base scripts and other things that impact this or other mods in the future.https://www.gog.com/forum/elder_scrolls_series/dont_use_the_gog_version_of_daggerfall_more_information_inside

Also, there is no reason to use the GOG version anymore with DFU pretty much smashing all old, outstanding bugs the GOG version would address.

I would try installing this version of Daggerfall, instead of the GOG version, and see if it fixes it.
https://forums.dfworkshop.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2360&p=27538#p27538

I'm not guaranteeing this will fix it, but I would start here since the GOG version does touch script files and other things to implement their "fixes".
My Daggerfall Mod Github: l3lessed DFU Mod Github

My Beth Mods: l3lessed Nexus Page

Daggerfall Unity mods: Combat Overhaul Mod

Enjoy the free work I'm doing? Consider lending your support.

l3lessed

Post by l3lessed »

Quest markers and bearings are in. Works both with map auto rotation on and off.

Here is a quick picture of the current simple indicators. You can see the magnifying glass indicating the tavern the quest is in. You can also see the small green quest bearing indicator, which is green arrow with a Q, pointing the player towards the tavern. No matter where the player walks, the quest bearing will rotate on the compass to always face the direction of the current active quest.

Still need to put in code to disable this when the player has no active quests selected, but framework is in and working.

cloudydaggerfall

Thank you for helping me. I uninstalled GOG version and installed the version you put up there. It still doesn't work. How should I post the log file it is huge.

cloudydaggerfall

I PM'd you the player log, it was to big for one PM so I did it in to PM's. Thank you again for helping.

l3lessed

Post by l3lessed »

Thanks. I'll crack it open and look at it.

My pleasure.

l3lessed

Post by l3lessed »

I apologize, but can you also post you output log. I should of asked for that one first.

l3lessed

Post by l3lessed »

I'm going to push the newest updates by this afternoon. I don't know why it would magically fix your bug, since I don't know what is causing it, but go ahead and give it a try. You never know, sometimes refactoring code and changing things for new features can fix unseen issues.

cloudydaggerfall

I'll def try the new update, this one mod can crack open the game for me to play. thank you so much. As far as output log I don't have that. There is DFTFU_environmental.log, keybinds, player.log, player-prev.log, quest_log, and settings,ini.

l3lessed

Post by l3lessed »

So, you're fine. I forgot the output log is for editor users only. The player log is the same for normal users.

So, the log shows the mod isn't hitting any actual errors. That is, there isn't an error output, which will make this a little harder to sort out. I imagine one of the objects or properties some how got set way out of the range it should, so the mod is running, but it isn't displaying anything as a result.

Just weird, I can't replicate this myself. I've tried going in and out of multiple dungeons, fast traveling to other dungeons, going into cities and buildings. I'll keep at it. I will get this working for you.