Roads of Daggerfall

Show off your mod creations or just a work in progress.
communityus

Re: Roads of Daggerfall

Post by communityus » Sat Feb 08, 2020 10:04 am

Good link.

slaapliedje

Re: Roads of Daggerfall

Post by slaapliedje » Fri May 29, 2020 5:00 am

Sorry for skipping through this thread, so most of this has possibly been covered...

I just started playing the game again after many years of not playing (I still have my original CD, and ended up re-buying The Daggerfall Chronicles!) I decided to jump in again!

But the very first thing I thought when getting out of Privateer's hold... where are the roads??? There are even little texts that pop up saying 'you see a path nearby,' but it passes by so quickly you've already moved on toward some other area and you have no idea where that path was! I'm hoping for the immersion junkie in me... (yeah I'm one that would be ALL over this game in VR) that the roads would be tied to these little snippets of information.

For that matter, there are places that pop up 'there is cut firewood nearby', and such. Awesome little touches, but graphically they aren't anywhere to be seen. I'm not sure if these are just randomly generated bits of descriptive fluff, or they are placed in specific places.

Anyhow, I really look forward to this being released, as it is something that is sorely lacking in the game.

I mean let's be honest, you think ANY of the larger cities in the game would actually exist without roads going to them? They're practically the foundation of any decent civilization that knows about trading and building on a large scale.