3D animals and beasts, Project complete!*

Show off your mod creations or just a work in progress.
VMblast

Re: 3D animals and beasts (now w/Sketches for critique)

Post by VMblast »

Hey, good job on the models!

My comment for the rat - it needs wider hips and thighs. This would put it much closer to the original. Also it needs much more prounounced fingers/claws. The nose/snout on the original drops down more it seem, below eyes. Ears should be pointy and less round, original have a bit pointy ears.

The rest seem good.

Ninelan

Post by Ninelan »

l3lessed wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 7:24 pm Loving it. This with Dream will help give DFU a much more modern feel. I can't wait to see it all in game.

Can I ask, how is the skeleton system going to work? I'm curious, once we get 3d model NPC's, can I update my combat mods to detect locations of hits using the 3d model skeleton or something else, so we can have more realistic injury combat system?
It would depend on how whoever wants to implement the models want them to be like (I'll likely adapt my models to the specific wishes). But I'd love some ragdolling deaths hehe.

Also, VMBlast! The booty has been enhanced and the ears have been pinched xD
You can support me and in turn my art on my Patreon.
https://www.patreon.com/fireflyness

AlexanderSig

Post by AlexanderSig »

Looks very nice! :)

Ninelan

Post by Ninelan »

Thank you :) !

I'm sort of coming close to the completion of these specific models as presented before (cow, horse, sabretooth and rat)
And I'm thinking of doing an archive for sharing the files.
I think I'll just make it consist of blend files for now and do the .fbx/other exports per need.

Sloughterfish is next on the menu.

Ninelan

Post by Ninelan »

Aside from the texture still needing refining and textured blots along with the frill fixes, the slaughterfish is close to completion, just needs tweaks here and there for animations. Soo. I might make the gull next, or perhaps the pig.

Shapur

Post by Shapur »

Good stuff.
Link to my github here.
And here is my nexus profile.

Ninelan

Post by Ninelan »

Thanks!

And I bring the piggy.
It's not completely rigged to completion in the image (seeing from the rough edges on curves that should be smooth)
It's actually completely done now.
Roughly one-third of the models are completed!

Perhaps I should entirely focus on the static animals first, which might be enough for a mod. If anyone out there would want to include them in their sprite replacer.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Perhaps I should entirely focus on the static animals first, which might be enough for a mod.
Agreed on this, would be a great start and a finished package.
I can try to help you pack in a DFMOD and u can distribute it on your own on nexus.

Hrafnyx

Post by Hrafnyx »

Just a little advice.

You are good at drawing already. And you have a graphic tablet. I suggest you to try 3d sculpting. It's fun, it's easy to learn and it will allow you to add many nice details to your models with only one additional texture per model. Just add multires modifier, subdivide, switch to sculpt mode and start adding details. After that all you need is to bake normal map from multires and that's all.

There are a lot of tutorials on youtube and I can also help you if you're interested.

Ninelan

Post by Ninelan »

Small wip the camel. Not quite there yet on the face as I'm trying to find an even balance between the very pleasant looking sprite and the face of a real camel lol.
King of Worms wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 7:50 pm Agreed on this, would be a great start and a finished package.
I can try to help you pack in a DFMOD and u can distribute it on your own on nexus.
I could definitely use help and appreciate it with that, as I'm not at all versed in working with unity.
Hrafnyx wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 2:06 am Just a little advice.

You are good at drawing already. And you have a graphic tablet. I suggest you to try 3d sculpting. It's fun, it's easy to learn and it will allow you to add many nice details to your models with only one additional texture per model. Just add multires modifier, subdivide, switch to sculpt mode and start adding details. After that all you need is to bake normal map from multires and that's all.

There are a lot of tutorials on youtube and I can also help you if you're interested.
Thanks! I'm pretty skilled in sculpting realism and baking normals from them already. It's just that I don't find it quite necessary at the current state of the project, and it is usually not too crucial in making 'cartoony' models look good, but it is something I'm doing after I finish modelling everything on my list first, plus any other edits or reworks.

The issue is that a lot of the 3D projects and up dying before any substantial or usable progress is made, and I want to get everything in working order first before tackling the schminke.