[MOD-WIP] Levitation Redone - Variable Speed

Show off your mod creations or just a work in progress.
kiskoller

Re: [MOD-WIP] Levitation Redone - Variable Speed

Post by kiskoller »

DunnyOfPenwick wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 2:16 pm I had a similar 'flight' spell in an earlier aborted mod that only worked outdoors (manipulating wind currents and what-not).

I found a nice wind-noise sound effect that I could pass on to you if you want. You can also vary the sound pitch for different speeds.

(How do you attach files here anyway?)
Why did you abort it? I'd welcome any asset you'd think this mod would profit from :)

DunnyOfPenwick

Post by DunnyOfPenwick »

I was trying to make a mod where the player could be gifted abilities from the Divines, but it was pointed out to me that the divines typically don't directly help or interfere with the player (I think the 'divines' are basically the original developers and playtesters for Daggerfall/Elder Scrolls, so that makes sense).

I re-used my code in other mods.

I found a wind-noise somewhere and modified it a bit using Audacity. It was originally intended to be used for the gift of flight that was supposed to be granted by Kynareth. I dropped the OGG file here on Github.

DunnyOfPenwick

Post by DunnyOfPenwick »

I managed to dig up the original sound over here.

It's a pretty big file so it should be edited/down-sampled in Audacity or similar tool before using in a mod, though the stereophonic aspect should definitely be kept.

kiskoller

Post by kiskoller »

I'm no expert on sound design but I'll check the asset out, thanks!