SoundFX on Quest Complete

Show off your mod creations or just a work in progress.
Macadaynu

SoundFX on Quest Complete

Post by Macadaynu »

A small mod idea here to make handing in quests more satisfying, play a sound effect when handing a quest in:

Just using the select class drum sound here, but this could be a custom sound effect, and even configurable so you could select from different sound effects.

Someone would need to add an event to the OfferToPlayerWithQuestComplete method in the GivePc class for me, unless anyone knows of a similar event I could hook into. (The QuestMachine.OnQuestEnded event happens too late, it means the SFX plays after the loot screen)

I understand we're on a feature freeze until 1.0 at the moment, but thought I'd share the idea anyway.
Last edited by Macadaynu on Thu Aug 12, 2021 4:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Ralzar

Re: SoundFX on Quest Complete

Post by Ralzar »

There is a trumpet fanfare that plays when you master a skill. That could work :D

emmathepony

Post by emmathepony »

Ralzar wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 12:40 pm There is a trumpet fanfare that plays when you master a skill. That could work :D
YEAH THIS!!! I think it was from Arena. :mrgreen:

Macadaynu

Post by Macadaynu »

Ralzar wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 12:40 pm There is a trumpet fanfare that plays when you master a skill. That could work :D
This one?

emmathepony

Post by emmathepony »

That sounds way better and more natural!

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Haha, yeah a bit extreme, but funny. If this becomes a mod, a mod setting where you can choose between several sounds might be the best solution.

Macadaynu

Post by Macadaynu »

Haha yeah I think this would be very subjective, so a few options would be best.

This mod will be easy to do, so if anyone does add that event to the GivePc class for me I can release this. But I understand there are more important things going on at the moment lol

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

This would really solve some confusion on the part of users. When they ask why their reputation with guilds isn't going up, we can just ask, "Did you hear the fanfare at some point in the quest?" :D

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Great idea but for gods sake no the famfare pls 😂 drums sounded nice.. allowing to provide own sound would be best