[MOD] Lively Cities

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
King of Worms

Re: [WIP] Lively Towns

Post by King of Worms »

Maybe placing the guards in front of the main castles gates?
Than there is unused archive 175 with daedras. Id love to see em ingame. Maybe at witches covens? Where else?

Than unused naked dancers 176_2 and 176_3 and 176_4... thinking of it, whole 176 archive seems unused, is that a dark brotherhood? Im I missing something here? Ive never joined them, so maybe the sprites are actually used ingame?

The naked temple dancer 181_6 (and 7?) seems unused. These would fit some more shady places...

183_7 seems unused, would fit the desert region. Same as 183_10
183_0 and 183_1 seem unused as well? The lady looks like a belly dancer, could accompany bards in desert.

Kamer

Post by Kamer »

King of Worms wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 8:20 pm Than unused naked dancers 176_2 and 176_3 and 176_4... thinking of it, whole 176 archive seems unused, is that a dark brotherhood? Im I missing something here? Ive never joined them, so maybe the sprites are actually used ingame?
They are used in the DB Headquaters which is unused in the game

Cliffworms

Post by Cliffworms »

King of Worms wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 8:20 pm Maybe placing the guards in front of the main castles gates?
Than there is unused archive 175 with daedras. Id love to see em ingame. Maybe at witches covens? Where else?

Than unused naked dancers 176_2 and 176_3 and 176_4... thinking of it, whole 176 archive seems unused, is that a dark brotherhood? Im I missing something here? Ive never joined them, so maybe the sprites are actually used ingame?

The naked temple dancer 181_6 (and 7?) seems unused. These would fit some more shady places...

183_7 seems unused, would fit the desert region. Same as 183_10
183_0 and 183_1 seem unused as well? The lady looks like a belly dancer, could accompany bards in desert.
I agree that having guards at the entrance would be nice. Kamer's VIO covers this, though. So that's fine. :)

The Daedra Princes are used when they offer you quests. In-game, they are rather small and do not fit well the game world, I find.
The 176 is partially used in-game. Some of the hooded men are in the standard DB hideout while the other sprites are in the unused Night Asylum, as Kamer mentioned.

181_6 and 181_7 are used in some of the temples. (Akatosh, if I'm not mistaken).

183_7 is seen in some of the palaces, even one that's present in several High Rock cities (while he should show up in Hammerfell instead).
183_10, I agree I've never seen him. I do plan to detail the palaces since the ones in Hammerfell are very lackluster compared to the ones in High Rock. I agree that he fits Hammerfell well.

183_0 and 183_1 are humanized versions of 185_0 and 185_1, who were supposed to be "Faeries" (or Ayleids, I think?). A mystical race.
Again, I believe the humanized versions would fit palaces rather well. :)
Last edited by Cliffworms on Fri Sep 03, 2021 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ferital

Post by Ferital »

Cliffworms wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 8:58 pm 183_0 and 183_1 are humanized versions of 185_0 and 185_1, who were supposed to be "Feys" (or Ayleids, I think?). A mystical race.
I don't know what "The Fey" faction was supposed to do, but its name is clearly derived from "Le Fay". So The Fey might have something to do with Julianos :) Maybe we should ask Julian himself if he remembers anything about this.

Cliffworms

Post by Cliffworms »

Oh my, I got confused. I meant "Faerie". It seems they were intended as an additional race (for NPCs at least).
You can see the sprites in question on this UESP page's gallery. There are the original sprites with purple hair and the redesigned ones which look much better and, also, a bit human too.

They even have a portrait! Being able to place sprites that are seldom used opens whole new modding possibilities. :)

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Faerie#Gallery

Cliffworms

Post by Cliffworms »

I have completed High Rock's taverns. For anyone who would be interested to take a look, I have uploaded the loose files from the WorldData folder to GitHub.
https://github.com/Cliffworms/WIP-Lively-Cities

I recommend you backup your WorldData folder before installing those files for easier uninstallation, should you want to. There should not be any conflicts or game breaking bugs. When the mod will be released, it'll be as a mod file.

It works with Taverns Redone since I used residences close to the taverns to add NPCs outside of them.

Enjoy. :)

P.S : Here are two more screenshots :

Cliffworms

Re: [MOD] Lively Cities

Post by Cliffworms »

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Great work Cliff! Moving to Released Mods. :)

Freak2121

Post by Freak2121 »

This is lovely! Fantastic work, Cliffworms! :D

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Proof of DREAM and Lively cities being compatible .)
01.jpg
01.jpg (1.13 MiB) Viewed 1259 times