New book: A Treatise on Magical Items

Show off your mod creations or just a work in progress.
bearhead

New book: A Treatise on Magical Items

Post by bearhead »

Ok so - I have a kind of bad memory and when I get a new magic item identified I always find myself alt-tabbing out of DF to look up the item's enchantment on UESP - which gets kind of annoying. So I created this small mod which adds a new book that includes descriptions for all of the magical properties that can be found on magical items (both looted items and items created by an enchanter).

The book can be found in stores and in libraries.

To install just extract the archive to your StreamingAssets folder - it will create the "Books" directory if it doesn't already exist.
ATreatiseOnMagicalItems.zip
(3.59 KiB) Downloaded 77 times

Vexxedsoul

Re: New book: A Treatise on Magical Items

Post by Vexxedsoul »

I'm downloading now, actually an extremely useful mod here, put it up on Nexus soon, I'm sure it will get a ton of DLs.

pango

Post by pango »

That looks like an excellent deed.

What tool did you use to create that file? It would be great to contribute books for schools of magicka ("On Thaumaturgy", etc.) for example...
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

bearhead

Post by bearhead »

Vexxedsoul wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 8:20 am I'm downloading now, actually an extremely useful mod here, put it up on Nexus soon, I'm sure it will get a ton of DLs.
Thank you! I'll probably post it to Nexus soon - let me know if you come across any errors though.
pango wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 12:37 pm What tool did you use to create that file? It would be great to contribute books for schools of magicka ("On Thaumaturgy", etc.) for example...
I used DFBOOEDT which is part of the DFTools v3.1.0 suite - it can be found on UESP: https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Daggerfall:Files
Books for all the schools of magic is a great idea - maybe each book is divided in to two chapters: first covers default spells and their effects, and the second could explain what each effect does?