[Mod] Uncanny UI

Show off your mod creations or just a work in progress.
Uncanny_Valley

Re: [Mod] Uncanny UI

Post by Uncanny_Valley »

Shapur wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 4:34 pm Great mod,
I do not have a one request though:

Would it be possible to hide the gold pieces item from the inventory? (As a settings option probably)
The current amount of gold is visible on the widget on the top of the screen, so the gold pieces item is kind of redundant imo.
I agree, it is quite redundant. I had this initial idea of only show gold as an inventory item in order to remove the gold button to clear out more space for other stuff. But later I added the little gold widget as you call it, and I ended it making it the gold button anyway. So I think I will actually remove the gold from the inventory in the next version, it really has no practical purpose of being there.
Macadaynu wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 11:25 pm Hi Uncanny, love this mod.

I'm the Hotkey Bar author, and I had a look into why our mods are not compatible. It turned out to be the RaiseOnItemHoverEvent being overridden in the UncannyInventoryWindow. All I did was remove the below code, and it seemed to work:

Code: Select all

new public event OnItemHoverHandler OnItemHover;

protected override void RaiseOnItemHoverEvent(DaggerfallUnityItem item, ItemHoverLocation loc)
        {
            OnItemHover?.Invoke(item, loc);
        }
Is there a reason you need to override this method? Or is it OK to just let the base class fire the event? If so that would make our mods compatible I think.

Thanks
Thanks you very much for finding the issue for our mods not being compatible! I did remove that code from my mod and it did the trick, seems to work perfectly. There is absolutely no reason for me overriding that method. I initially override mostly everything to tinker and try out different ideas and this one just ended up being left there, un-changed and forgotten. Will fix this in my next release.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Working on a DREAM patch...
So far the Inventory is almost done, not bad for a 1st try .)
Spoiler!
DaggerfallUnity 2021-11-07 13-47-01.jpg
DaggerfallUnity 2021-11-07 13-47-01.jpg (721.3 KiB) Viewed 1462 times

Shapur

Post by Shapur »

👀
Link to my github here.
And here is my nexus profile.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Talk UI is ready as well, I will just do some minor tweaking...

The small issue here is that if you set the Portraits to the Right (no matter if large or small) the longer names can sometimes go over them a bit. I would increase the spacing there by one or two letters. Its too close, even in the case it works.
01.jpg
01.jpg (30.36 KiB) Viewed 1417 times
So far Im not sure which placement of the portrait is the best, I quite like all options.
I miss the option to have the portraits on a left side as well (large/small) - it might look good.

One thing I would add is the option to provide a small stone canvas around the portraits, they look a bit out of place without it - in case the portrait does not have the baked in golden VIP lining

Anyway, this is how it looks now, with the portrait centered (sry cant use spoiler :X)
DaggerfallUnity 2021-11-07 21-34-36.jpg
DaggerfallUnity 2021-11-07 21-34-36.jpg (281.34 KiB) Viewed 1417 times

Uncanny_Valley

Post by Uncanny_Valley »

King of Worms wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 9:30 pm Talk UI is ready as well, I will just do some minor tweaking...

The small issue here is that if you set the Portraits to the Right (no matter if large or small) the longer names can sometimes go over them a bit. I would increase the spacing there by one or two letters. Its too close, even in the case it works.
01.jpg
So far Im not sure which placement of the portrait is the best, I quite like all options.
I miss the option to have the portraits on a left side as well (large/small) - it might look good.

One thing I would add is the option to provide a small stone canvas around the portraits, they look a bit out of place without it - in case the portrait does not have the baked in golden VIP lining

Anyway, this is how it looks now, with the portrait centered (sry cant use spoiler :X)
DaggerfallUnity 2021-11-07 21-34-36.jpg
That looks amazing. Both the dialogue and especially the inventory. I love it! I can probably fix the issue with the longer names so it won't overlap the portrait when it is on the right.

I'm hesitant to add to many more options. Currently there are 4 options (including the no portrait option) , so whenever I make any changes to the portrait I have to test it 4 times to make it sure it works and looks correct with every option. If I add portrait to left, then there are 6 options I need to test each time. And if each possible portrait position and size had an option for either with or without stone canvas background I would need to test it 11 times. I all adds up to a lot tedious work. BUT if enough people are vocal about wanting a specific option then I might consider if it is worth all the work.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Ok no worries I understand that adding options is not so simple. Correcting the portrait text layout is enough. When its all ready (I still tweak some details, colors etc) I will pack it in a DFMOD as its better than loose files.
  • Than I will think about the distribution.
    I like it when the DREAM patches are added to the original mod as a option. We did it like this with a mod Bestiary as well, its packed in the main download package and ppl can decide if they want to enable it or not. Also your Taverns have dream patch.
    Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg (70.99 KiB) Viewed 1310 times
    Ultimate solution might be having it as a TICK (ON/OFF) in the mod settings.

I would completely understand if you dont want to do anything from these ideas.
    In that case, I would need to pack it in the DREAM mod itself.

Maybe opinions on how to distribute patches like this in the future could bring some better ideas...

In the img below is the finalized inventory with SOME IDEAS (sry spoiler does not work) :
- Adding the Character name centered above the paperdoll looks good (if there is no other use planned for that space)
- Item info text seems to be a bit high compared to texts on the right (red line).
The whole text feels a bit too packet to the top left corner, thats unnecessary IMO.
Maybe trying to format the text in the way its in the INFO mode would be worth it (shown in img)

EDIT:
- 2 Additional buttons: Above the EXIT button, theres a room for 2 more:
Adding STATS to send you to the Character stats (screen named "INFO00I0.IMG")
Than its either LOG (or Spellbook?) I think LOG would make more sense because u can get to spellbook by equip/use of the item.

Apparently, I like this mod :D And would love to see it polished out, the space more utilized/complete :)
DaggerfallUnity 2021-11-09 00-19-10.jpg
DaggerfallUnity 2021-11-09 00-19-10.jpg (451.86 KiB) Viewed 1303 times

STATS aka INFO00I0.IMG
  • Bellow U can see STATS link you to the INVentory, LOG, SPELLbook - so it would make sense that the INV would link you back to STATS
  • Link to LOG would be a parity with STATS as well
  • INV link to SPELLbook is granted by usage of the book item, so the button is not needed

So that would be a full parity of INV and STATS - in the terms of places they grant you access to.
INFO00I0.IMG.jpg
INFO00I0.IMG.jpg (74.57 KiB) Viewed 1301 times

Uncanny_Valley

Post by Uncanny_Valley »

Thank for your suggestions. I will take them into consideration. I like the idea about the character name, and the info box text could be made better. I do have some other plans for the empty space above exit button, but having stats and log button there is a good idea.

I think it would be best for the user if the dreampatch was included in my mod as you suggested, as with bestiary.

Uncanny_Valley

Post by Uncanny_Valley »

Preview of the next update, which will include the rest window
Rest.gif
Rest.gif (290.05 KiB) Viewed 1240 times
Features
  • The top of the window will include info about if you can rest or not. For most locations this will either be "It is illegal to rest here", or "You may rest here", with 2 special cases, "You may rest here, you have a room here for another xxx" and "Your membership with this guild allows you to rest here".
  • Added a slider, similar to newer TES games, it goes from 1 - 24 hours (which should be more than enough for 99% of cases), which counts down when resting/loitering, or counts up if you are resting until healed.
  • The current date and time, which will start to count up as you are resting/loitering
  • Automatically hides options that you can't current do, or would be illegal to do. So if you are in place which allows healing, you only have options for "Until Healed", and Rest, if you are in a place where you can't rest, there will only be a button to "Loiter".
There will be 3 main options.
  • "Can Wait Indefinitely" : This option removes the loitering mechanic, and changes the loitering button to "Wait", which you can do without any limits."
  • "Loiter Restrictions" : You may only loiter for x amount of time (as defined by Loiter Limit Hours option). With this option, the slider will prevent you from increasing it above the permitted loiter time.
  • "Daggefall Default" : It will always show options for "Until Heal" , "Rest", and "Loiter". So if you still want the options to rest in a city and go to jail or only Loiter when you could Rest instead, you can.

Pollskii

Post by Pollskii »

thanks for saving us from having to do maths

Uncanny_Valley

Post by Uncanny_Valley »