DaggerXL texture replacement project

Show off your mod creations or just a work in progress.
epicurius7

Re: DaggerXL texture replacement project

Post by epicurius7 »

King of Worms wrote:Ive converted and renamed all the files, its 248 textures now, its working in game - somehow... there are still some bugs

Attached Screenshots:
Spoiler!
There is this bug on some of the ground textures, which has something to do with a texture resolution I guess:
jnlknjkmnl.jpg

Some of the remade NPCs have transparency problems:
transp.jpg

But this is a barmaid of the year! :)
wait.jpg
Hmm, looks like they've been cut out of the .tga rather than exported directly from the PSD.

.png from the .psd:

The bottles aren't solid.

What format, specs do you need for the textures?

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

epicurius7 wrote:What format, specs do you need for the textures?
Epicurius, files should be in *.png format plus there is the transparency settings I dont understand fully.

Model numbers are
182_1-0 barman
182_10-0 lady in blue
182_11-0 barmaid

Nystul, yes thanks for reminding me of the cause of this issue. Ive dived deeper into the terrain textures and found out some of them are corrupted and thats the cause here tho. I managed to find 2 correct textures in the PSD files.

But following files are still bugged in this Temperate terrain set. They appear all dark, same as ingame:
302_17
302_25
302_27
302_46
302_55
Last edited by King of Worms on Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

TheLacus

Post by TheLacus »

King of Worms wrote:
epicurius7 wrote:What format, specs do you need for the textures?
Epicurius, files should be in *.png format plus there is the transparency settings I dont understand fully.

You need a Png file with an alpha channel, nothing strange ;)

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

IrfanView batch converting PNG transparency options were strange enough for me (and some of the results even more) its all relative :)
Thanks for info tho

EDIT: IVE MADE SOME MISTAKES IN v0.1(as expected) - Im working on v0.2 now, this time manually, will take a while but will be worth it

TheLacus

Post by TheLacus »

Of course, my only intention was to confirm the transparency should be as usual with png files, I didn't meant anything else :)

I'm grateful you took the initiative and restored all this old textures, I won't miss the occasion of playing with the results.

TheLacus

Post by TheLacus »

screen0.png
screen0.png (1.78 MiB) Viewed 3666 times

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Ok ladies and gentlemen, its my pleasure to use my 100th comment to announce that v0.2 is ready! :D

Ive re-done every texture manually in Photoshop, I used more logic this time and eliminated ground texture bugs and all wrongly converted textures. Now we are running all 500+ textures and it works better than ever before! Just delete v0.1 and use v0.2 - almost all textures were wrong in v0.1 :oops:

Ive added some additional info in the text files in the pack as well.

Im testing it right now, went to Daggerfall and was amazed! Uber geek! It was painful process but totally worth it. We need linear mipmap with point texture filtering asap :) To keep the original pixelated look but with mip maps so the detailed textures are not shimmering in the distance.

DOWNLOAD LINK: (please update on a 1st page - thanks!)
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7Iya ... Ug4UEE4STA
Spoiler!
imaging too much.jpg
imaging too much.jpg (515.96 KiB) Viewed 3659 times
11.jpg
11.jpg (477.92 KiB) Viewed 3659 times

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Good, good, good, good! I love it!

Ziune Wolf

Post by Ziune Wolf »

@King of Worms: Thanks for your reply on the other thread. I just tried this download link and installed it like the instructions said. Most of the textures are working, although I did find a few bugs. Some of the terrain flats were floating in the air when I found them (see image below), one of the terrain flats did not change initially because the filename for the image had two dashes in it instead of one (the image I am referring to is "505_28-0.png". Originally there were two dashes which prevented the new texture from loading). That, and I don't see any of the ground textures in the biomes that I think were added. I looked at the roads in particular in desert areas, although I may be looking in the wrong place.

Don't get me wrong though, thank you for putting this work into the game. I know it's not finished yet, I just wanted to offer the results of a (very) quick test I did.

EDIT: I just found some of the new ground textures, so I think they're fine actually. I just wasn't looking during the right biome (non-winter). Again, thanks for the contributions form everyone involved. :)
Attachments
FloatingTerrain.png
FloatingTerrain.png (855.66 KiB) Viewed 3637 times
Last edited by Ziune Wolf on Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nystul

Post by Nystul »

I like the new ground textures a lot ;)