No nudity patch

Show off your mod creations or just a work in progress.
username

Re: No nudity patch

Post by username »

@Jay_H
It should be fixed now, I would really appreciate it if you tested the new version (0.3). :)
Check out my patch to remove nudity, it's a WIP but it's coming along quite nicely.

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Yes, it's working! Thank you for this mod! :)

It looks like the nymph replacement is a little short. Is that an intended distinction, or a side effect of the nymph's original height?

username

Post by username »

Jay_H wrote:Yes, it's working! Thank you for this mod! :)

It looks like the nymph replacement is a little short. Is that an intended distinction, or a side effect of the nymph's original height?
The Nymphs were having trouble fitting through doors, so it is on purpose, but I would rather avoid it. Oh and by the way I am aware that the sideways attacking sprites are larger than the others, I should be fixing this soon.
Check out my patch to remove nudity, it's a WIP but it's coming along quite nicely.

Blue Footed Booby

Post by Blue Footed Booby »

username wrote:
Jay_H wrote:Yes, it's working! Thank you for this mod! :)

The Nymphs were having trouble fitting through doors, so it is on purpose, but I would rather avoid it. Oh and by the way I am aware that the sideways attacking sprites are larger than the others, I should be fixing this soon.
Maybe I'm being dense, I've forgotten something, or I missed a post, but why aren't we just photoshopping censorship leaves onto the nymph sprites?

On a similar note, it'd be neat if there were bloodless versions of the weapon hit reaction sprites and death animations. Not only would that allow for a more youngster/family friendly version of the game, it would make things easier for more complex gore mods at a later date, like particle blood that sticks to surfaces.

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

I actually began doing that. I was doing an amateur job at covering nymphs with robes and things like that, but I don't feel like it's something that can be taken seriously.

On the other hand, the death sprites are something I think could come in handy. This is the topic where I was holding the sprites, inside the spoiler text. I think other people could do a better job at it, but the concept's there.

fubeca6

Post by fubeca6 »

Thank you so much for this. I've been wanting to get my kids into Daggerfall but they're a little young for nudity, even if it is fairly mild and very pixelated.

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

I never, ever play without this. username did a great job :)

jedidia

Post by jedidia »

Thank you so much for this. I've been wanting to get my kids into Daggerfall but they're a little young for nudity, even if it is fairly mild and very pixelated.
No problem with the nudity there, I would be more concerned with assorted severed bodyparts lying around and tortured maidens hanging from ceilings or various devices... :shock:

In any case, I think Daggerfall is the only TES-game that ever got a *No*-nudity patch, so there's something... :lol:

fubeca6

Post by fubeca6 »

jedidia wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:16 am
No problem with the nudity there, I would be more concerned with assorted severed bodyparts lying around and tortured maidens hanging from ceilings or various devices... :shock:

In any case, I think Daggerfall is the only TES-game that ever got a *No*-nudity patch, so there's something... :lol:
Yeah, you are correct. But this is definitely a step in the right direction. There's another mod - I can't remember what it's called, but it cuts down the gore a bit. I use that with the kids too. The severed heads and such ... not much I can do about that at the moment, but I'll take a partial solution over no solution any day :)

321BoltsOfLightning

Post by 321BoltsOfLightning »

Hey I was just wondering if work was still being done on this? I have some younger siblings here and I think this patch idea sounds awesome for my purposes.