Daggerfall retexture

Show off your mod creations or just a work in progress.
Midknightprince

Re: Daggerfall retexture

Post by Midknightprince »

King of Worms wrote:Dark lord must now recuperate his creative power, also his cousin has a wedding this weekend and dark lord must buy a present, which he already should have done, but was too bussy desacrating the catacombs and castles.. LOL ;)
LOL, cool have fun man... :lol:
Check out my YouTube Channel!

Poberun

Post by Poberun »

Hi, everyone.
I've been following the project for a week now. You all are doing an amazing job. I must confess what I haven't actually played Daggerfall. So I'm more of a Morrowind kind of guy. I don't have any experience in modeling or drawing, but I wanted to contribute something as well. All I could think of is upscaling some of the textures from the game. So here is some upscaled texture for Sentinel Palace, I hope it turned out ok. Well, at least vanilla friendly.

Link: https://mega.nz/#!tW5H1ajI!B457ojp72uXT ... KoIkH5o4hs

P.S. I can't really attach any of them for comparison, so here is a bit smaller version.
Attachments
006_0-0.png
006_0-0.png (71.47 KiB) Viewed 4514 times
006_0-0.png
006_0-0.png (1.34 MiB) Viewed 4514 times

jman0war

Post by jman0war »

Poberun wrote:Hi, everyone.
I've been following the project for a week now. You all are doing an amazing job. I must confess what I haven't actually played Daggerfall. So I'm more of a Morrowind kind of guy. I don't have any experience in modeling or drawing, but I wanted to contribute something as well. All I could think of is upscaling some of the textures from the game. So here is some upscaled texture for Sentinel Palace, I hope it turned out ok. Well, at least vanilla friendly.

P.S. I can't really attach any of them for comparison, so here is a bit smaller version.
That looks Fantasitc Poberun!
It's taking the very pixelated low rez original and scaling it up and bringing it into focus.
Find my Vibrant Terrain Flats mod at Nexusmods: https://www.nexusmods.com/daggerfalluni ... ?tab=files

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Welcome to the forums, and yes that looks fantastic! :)

NikitaTheTanner

Post by NikitaTheTanner »

Welcome! It is a pretty good texture, I agree!

Poberun

Post by Poberun »

Attachments
DaggerfallUnity 2017-08-27 13-45-59-55.jpg
DaggerfallUnity 2017-08-27 13-45-59-55.jpg (439.33 KiB) Viewed 4459 times

Sun's Dawn

Post by Sun's Dawn »

King of Worms, looks very nice, especially the moroccan tiles. The columns look a little off in slanted ceiling though and at the side of the stairs. I think a brick or mosaic texture would look better there.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Thanks for input!

1st - I love the upscaled vanilla textures Poberun - and I dont get it how it was done, because standard upscaling doesnt work like that IMO. Would be nice to know! Because if this could be serialized, than we can get big GFX improvement with a relative ease and ofc 100% vanilla look.

I agree with Suns Dawn, the columns (or more precisely - the background walls between them) at Sentinel need to be retouched, so they fit better when they are placed upon each other - that I will try to do!

As it is now, I was catched by RL big time, so I must say things will get slower from now on :( I will repair the things which I think are not good, but progress to other areas besides castles and catacombs in on hold. So all 3 castles and all catacombs/small dungs are my goal for now. When Im satisfied with the results - or if I will feel I cant push it any further for whatever reason - I will upload all the textures ofcourse, so anyone can use them.

Poberun

Post by Poberun »

King of Worms wrote:Thanks for input!

1st - I love the upscaled vanilla textures Poberun - and I dont get it how it was done, because standard upscaling doesnt work like that IMO. Would be nice to know! Because if this could be serialized, than we can get big GFX improvement with a relative ease and ofc 100% vanilla look.
I used https://github.com/nagadomi/waifu2x for upscaling original textures, then I used https://github.com/alexjc/neural-doodle with some googled stone-handprinted texture to create underlayer, lighten it up a bit, after that I overlayed upscaled texture over it and finally used waifu2x to upscale it once more :)

P.S. You are doing a great job!

Luzur

Post by Luzur »

Kinda curious, but im wondering how far we have gotten with the NPC models? both the waking ones and the "info boards" ones.

Lots of great work being done on the houses and walls and stuff, but no real update on the NPC's and monsters.
"Load the muskets"