Skills anyone?

Show off your mod creations or just a work in progress.
stampedo

Re: Skills anyone?

Post by stampedo »

Al-Khwarizmi wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:31 am I think it would be nice to make language skills useful rather than removing them. I always found them to be a nice original touch, as other games don't make you worry about languages at all and it's something that can have quite a lot of relevance in the real world.

A way of making them useful would be to implement optional quest lines for the factions that have their own language (giants, etc.) that would provide relevant benefits (e.g. artifacts?) and you wouldn't be able to do well without speaking the language.
I thought that was what the skill was supposed to do initially. Otherwise, what's the point?
There's a great opportunity for expanding on the quest system, and coming up with quest lines that are proper to a race and tied to a language skill, that would make those skills more interesting and useful.

meritamas

Re: Skills anyone?

Post by meritamas »

I would like to further consider modding the skill system one day - at least to be able to judge how difficult it would be to implement a given idea.

Does anybody know of a reliable source where I could find when and how the game takes into account the various skills? The formulae themselves and when and for what they are used could be most informative.

I would particularly like to start with how high a maximum could be set for the individual skills that wouldn't break game mechanics. Clearly, all formulae that use the given skill need to be studied. I appreciate your help.
Interest in expanding and improving the Magic system, Capitalism and an Unleveled World.

My main quest in the DFU community is my (Mostly) Magic Mod.