NPC Flats Addendum

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
MrFlibble

Re: NPC Flats Addendum

Post by MrFlibble »

StarMadeKnight, you are undoubtedly an awesome artist. I like the flute player sprite the most :)

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

I think each one gets better! One comment about the kid with Disney Princess style eyes... it looks a bit weird to me.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Luzur

Post by Luzur »

Hazelnut wrote: Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:56 pm I think each one gets better! One comment about the kid with Disney Princess style eyes... it looks a bit weird to me.
Yeah, abit less Anime eyes and it would look better. Otherwise its SUPER grade-A work.
"Load the muskets"

StarMadeKnight

Post by StarMadeKnight »

Thanks y'all :)

Made a few small edits to the face. My personal style as an artist is heavily influenced by Disney and the classic SNES RPGs, so those reference points are bound to crop up from time to time :geek:

StarMadeKnight

Post by StarMadeKnight »

Hey y'all thanks for being patient with me :) I ended up getting frustrated with Helseth and setting him off to the side for now, but I revamped the one mage from the ground up and he'll be joined by another with this next update.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Looking great as always. :)

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Yup, very nice!

StarMadeKnight

Post by StarMadeKnight »

Thanks guys :)

Updated OP with a download link for the latest version! Now, how would I go about having this moved to Released Mods?

Started working on another mage flat, the book is pretty obviously an early WIP :P

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Looks good, I like the look of concentration on his face.

If you don't mind, I'm moving this to Released Mods, as more people are likely to find it there. Just let me know if you'd like it moved back until you're ready. :)

StarMadeKnight

Post by StarMadeKnight »

Holy moly y'all, didn't mean for two years to go by without an update. Life's been busy but I've finally had some time to get back into modding, and with an updated workflow and hardware setup that lets me really dig into art projects like this. Now that I have a good workflow where I can knock one of these out over an evening or two, I'm going to try to complete a few more before I do another release, but I don't plan on disappearing like that again :oops:

Side note, is it possible right now with DFU to assign a different flat to an NPC in-game? IIRC, Lady Brisienna uses the same flat as Mynisera but at this level of detail, I'd like to do a custom one that matches her portrait.